My Documents Folder has vanished

There are 4 user profiles on my computer, which runs XP Pro.
For some reason, the 'My Documents' folder for my own profile no longer
appears, but it's contents seem to have migrated into my daughter's 'My
Documents' folder.
this possibly happened when I had the Beta version of Microsoft Spyware
running, as my daughter mentioned some messages coming up to do with changing
the path for 'my documents'
Any suggestions how I can get a 'My Documents' folder back? They were held
in a separate partition on the hard drive.

By default, the My Documents folder for your user account resides in the
%Userprofile% folder:

Example: C:\Documents and Settings\Pegasus\My Documents
(Assuming your user account name is Pegasus)

To reset the My Documents folder to the original location, follow this
method:

Open My Computer window.
From Common Tasks pane, right-click My Documents and choose Properties.
Click Restore Default, and click Apply.
Click OK

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Pegasus Host" <PegasusHost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There are 4 user profiles on my computer, which runs XP Pro.
> For some reason, the 'My Documents' folder for my own profile no longer
> appears, but it's contents seem to have migrated into my daughter's 'My
> Documents' folder.
> this possibly happened when I had the Beta version of Microsoft Spyware
> running, as my daughter mentioned some messages coming up to do with
> changing
> the path for 'my documents'
> Any suggestions how I can get a 'My Documents' folder back? They were held
> in a separate partition on the hard drive.

Sorry, did as you suggested, but I'm confused.
The drive that each user's folder normally sits in is the E drive - E:\
documents and settings\.....
All 4 users have a folder in there, showing their name, plus there is the
'shared documents' folder. Within my folder is one named 'pegasus's documents'
When I open 'My Computer ' though, only the other 3 profiles document
folders appear, mine is absent.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> By default, the My Documents folder for your user account resides in the
> %Userprofile% folder:
>
> Example: C:\Documents and Settings\Pegasus\My Documents
> (Assuming your user account name is Pegasus)
>
> To reset the My Documents folder to the original location, follow this
> method:
>
> Open My Computer window.
> From Common Tasks pane, right-click My Documents and choose Properties.
> Click Restore Default, and click Apply.
> Click OK
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Pegasus Host" <PegasusHost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There are 4 user profiles on my computer, which runs XP Pro.
> > For some reason, the 'My Documents' folder for my own profile no longer
> > appears, but it's contents seem to have migrated into my daughter's 'My
> > Documents' folder.
> > this possibly happened when I had the Beta version of Microsoft Spyware
> > running, as my daughter mentioned some messages coming up to do with
> > changing
> > the path for 'my documents'
> > Any suggestions how I can get a 'My Documents' folder back? They were held
> > in a separate partition on the hard drive.

Yes, fix the My Documents folder path, and then followed by another edit.
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/usershellfolders.htm Value named "Personal"

Fix the DocFolderPaths:

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DocFolderPaths

In the right-pane, inspect the My Document folder path for the subject user
account.