[SOLVED] My Documents from windows were deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SergioCaballero

Reputable
Apr 26, 2014
I moved from WIndows 7, so the first thing I did was to move all my files to my iMac. Those files included a folder called Documents which were added to My Documents library, or whatever is called in english, because my first language is spanish.

Long story short: I never realized that a small lock in the lowerleft corner of the folder icon was added and when I needed a document from that folder I got in the predicament that I couldn't access my files.

On the internet, I read that it was a matter of just "unlock" the folder, so I did just that. The problem is that now the folder is completely empty. I lost all the files!!!

I really need many of those files back, and I hope someone can help me with that. There's no use explaining the importance of those documents, but I would had been glad if at least the OS had warned me about this possible outcome.

Thank you in advance. Any help will be appreciated.

Solution
most likely chance is that your files are lost, you may try and recover the files but the most chance is that they have been deleted for some unknown reason. I only have two suggestions;

1) Try to see if the files are actually hidden, try unhiding it if you know how, if not, ask here.

2) Try a deletes recovery tool, like Recuva.
most likely chance is that your files are lost, you may try and recover the files but the most chance is that they have been deleted for some unknown reason. I only have two suggestions;

1) Try to see if the files are actually hidden, try unhiding it if you know how, if not, ask here.

2) Try a deletes recovery tool, like Recuva.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.