Question My driver is undetectable by windows

Jul 2, 2022
I tried reinstalling the driver, tried to reset windows which also left me with the problem I don't have a internet browser any more, but nothing works

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might it be possible to elaborate on what you mean by driver? Is the networking driver you're speaking of a NIC bundled with your motherboard or laptop? If so, please parse the make and model of your motherboard/laptop. Also, might want to go into BIOS and see if your networking adapter is enabled.

Jul 2, 2022
So I'm on windows 11, I reseated my GPU because I had an issue with windows not showing a display after windows got booted (this got fixed after resetting windows and resetting my bios) but my windows didn't recognize any driver for my network adaptor LAN
I tried downloading and installing this driver again
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-AORUS-ELITE-DDR4-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-lan
because this is the motherboard I use but nothing changes after installing it, my windows still keeps telling me there is no driver when troubleshooting

Jul 2, 2022
I wish I could post a picture, I don't know how to I can only send links
My device manager show the network adaptor with a bunch of ports of which I have no clue what they mean.
If I'm correct the driver should also show up in that list, but there is none

Jul 2, 2022
since the problems started with me taking out the hardware, I decided to take out my GPU again and also put back the antenna connector for my wireless antenna for the VR setup
to see if this magically fixes things... and it did