[SOLVED] My Drivers are from 2006 and MSI doesn't have regular drivers available for download?-Don't want RAID

Oct 27, 2020
I am using an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi Motherboard and I don't want to download the Raid drivers, however uninstalling my SATA drivers and restarting my computer does nothing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them updating. Updating through Device Manager and choosing to search online tells me my drivers are up to date(version installed is from 2006). The SATA ports recognize my external DVD drive and when I put a disc in the drive makes the sound and my mouse gets the little dvd next to it but the drive isn't available in File Explorer and nothing else happens computer-wise. I have the installation disc for my motherboard but...it's clear why it can't be used lol.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thank you!

I am using an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon Wifi Motherboard and I don't want to download the Raid drivers, however uninstalling my SATA drivers and restarting my computer does nothing and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get them updating. Updating through Device Manager and choosing to search online tells me my drivers are up to date(version installed is from 2006). The SATA ports recognize my external DVD drive and when I put a disc in the drive makes the sound and my mouse gets the little dvd next to it but the drive isn't available in File Explorer and nothing else happens computer-wise. I have the installation disc for my motherboard but...it's clear why it can't be used lol.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thank you!

Windows furnishes up-to-date and fully functional Standard SATA AHCI drivers for AM4 chipsets.

You only need the AMD RAID drivers if you're going to set up a Raid array. I don't know if it still is, but it used to be a 'Bad Idea' (tm) to install them if you're not as uninstalling means repartitioning and reformatting the drives with data loss guaranteed if not properly backed up.