[SOLVED] My Drivers Are Not Updating.

Nov 20, 2020
My dad gave me a 1080ti that he used for bitcoin mining. When I try to update the drivers from 2018, It download then I try to set it up then it buffers. After 18-30 seconds it crashes. It reads “An Unknown Error Occurred”🙁.

Solution
Just download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

When you start the program NOT in safe mode it will ask you if you want to reboot in safe mode. Just click yes and it will do it by itself.

In the future if you want to do it manually there is an easy way.

You type MSCONFIG in the Windows 10 search bar at bottom left. A window will pop up. You go in the BOOT tab. In that BOOT tab you can see "BOOT Options". You check that box and you check minimal and you apply. It will ask you to reboot and it will reboot in safe mode. To go back to normal mode you have just to remove the checked box and apply again while in safe mode. Anyway you don't have to do that. The program will do it for you :)

• Download latest drivers
  • Start...
Just download DDU - https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

When you start the program NOT in safe mode it will ask you if you want to reboot in safe mode. Just click yes and it will do it by itself.

In the future if you want to do it manually there is an easy way.

You type MSCONFIG in the Windows 10 search bar at bottom left. A window will pop up. You go in the BOOT tab. In that BOOT tab you can see "BOOT Options". You check that box and you check minimal and you apply. It will ask you to reboot and it will reboot in safe mode. To go back to normal mode you have just to remove the checked box and apply again while in safe mode. Anyway you don't have to do that. The program will do it for you :)

• Download latest drivers
  • Start DDU
  • Reboot in safe mode when asked
  • Unplug your internet so you are not connected
  • While in safe mode and DDU started you choose NVIDIA at the right
  • You click on Clean and reboot.
  • After the reboot you're in normal mode now so just install the latest drivers.
  • Reboot.
  • You should now have the latest drivers installed.
  • Connect your internet again.

Solution