Question My Dualshock2 stopped working

Jun 18, 2019
Hello. My Dualshock2 was working fine until i went on a vacation. I bringed it with me and when i plugged it, it didn't work. It seems plugged on my computer but i can't do anything with it. I use an adapter. Buttons won't work. How can i fix this?

Lutfij

Titan
Go into Device Manager and see if the controller is listed in your list of connected devices. See if uninstalling the device and restarting the system changes the issue. On a side note, what OS are you working off of(and which version if you're on Windows 10)?

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
What program were you using in order to have the DualShock "talk" to Windows?

For instance, I use SCP Toolkit in order to install the driver that makes Windows think I have an Xbox controller connected. It is not uncommon during updates for Windows to reset that driver back to a "stock" version, in which I have to run SCP again to change it back.

Even without some manner of toolkit, if you have it plugged in to a USB port you should be able to go to the "devices and printers" screen and see Sony PlayStation controller (or the like) listed there. In my particular case, once I run SCP it shows as an XBox controller.

Additionally, if you are using Steam IIRC you have to select "generic" controller there for it to operate properly.

Jun 18, 2019

For instance, I use SCP Toolkit in order to install the driver that makes Windows think I have an Xbox controller connected. It is not uncommon during updates for Windows to reset that driver back to a "stock" version, in which I have to run SCP again to change it back.

Even without some manner of toolkit, if you have it plugged in to a USB port you should be able to go to the "devices and printers" screen and see Sony PlayStation controller (or the like) listed there. In my particular case, once I run SCP it shows as an XBox controller.

Additionally, if you are using Steam IIRC you have to select "generic" controller there for it to operate properly.
I'll try the program you said in a min.

Jun 18, 2019

I never used any programs like that. And it worked somehow. I tried the program you said, didn't work :/