[SOLVED] My DVD RW is broken?

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
My DVD RW Cd is empty when opened,but the storage bar says its full,its around 4gb and i put some movies on it,after deleting them and formatting them,the cd was empty when opened,but the storage bar says its still full

Solution
Under "Devices and drives" then.

Do you have any other DVD's that you can load in to check how full those DVD's may be?

Try a new DVD and a couple of other DVDs with data on them.

Does the storage bar change and correctly indicate the correct amount of used and free space for those DVDs?

If so, then try reformatting the movie DVD again. Be sure that it is the correct DVD to reformat - not one of the test DVDs.

Check the formatting used (UDF 2.1 ?) and do a full format - not quick.

SawmMawia

Great
Jan 17, 2021
More information needed: what "storage bar" - what application are you using?

How did you delete the movie files and what did you use to reformat the DVD?

Put the DVD RW Cd in another computer - what does that computer indicate?
I mean when you open the My Computer or This PC and all the drives show up with bars indicating how full they are,and the cd drive also shows up
I open the CD Drive and deleted both of them and formatted it by default
I cant check it on other PCs becuz of this pandemic
And also when i try to move in files,it says more space is needed even though its empty when opened

Ralston18

Titan
Under "Devices and drives" then.

Do you have any other DVD's that you can load in to check how full those DVD's may be?

Try a new DVD and a couple of other DVDs with data on them.

Does the storage bar change and correctly indicate the correct amount of used and free space for those DVDs?

If so, then try reformatting the movie DVD again. Be sure that it is the correct DVD to reformat - not one of the test DVDs.

Check the formatting used (UDF 2.1 ?) and do a full format - not quick.

Reactions: SawmMawia
Solution