Question My dvi-d to hdmi configuration not working

Jun 9, 2021
I have an RX 470 GPU and an lg 20m39h-b monitor. I tried using an DVI-D to HDMI adapter( passive. DVI-D on the graphics card and HDMI on the monitor), but the monitor doesn't seem detect the connection. I also tried to install drivers for the monitor but it still didn't work. Does anyone have a solution. Is it the adapter, monitor or is it just a software problem

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What's preventing u from running the HMDI output from the GPU to your monitor? You might want to try another display that natively supports DVI-D input. I'm fairly certain that you're going to need an active adapter for what you want to accomplish. Speaking of accomplish, mind sharing a link to the cable you're using? Was it bundled with another display or this GPU? Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Version for the drivers on your platform for the RX470?

Reactions: therandomfox22
Jun 9, 2021
I need an extra HDMI port for my VR headset. The cable was bundled with the display. I read somewhere that DVI-D and HDMI are virtually the same so they only need a passive adapter. The driver is Radeon adrenaline 21.5.2