My DVI to VGA adapter won't work PLEASE HELP!!!!

AsthmaticGamer

Reputable
Dec 26, 2014
I just built my first gaming PC and when I plugged in my DVI to VGA into my GTX 750 1GB ACX card and all it said was VGA No Signal. I don't know what to do and I just want to use my computer!
Before you ask I have everything plugged in and my PC specs are;
CPU:AMD A10-5800k (Stock Cooler)
Motherboard:MSI A88XM Gaming
RAM:G.Skill Ripjaws Z 8GB
GPU:EVGA GTX 750 1GB FTW
PSU:Corsair CS450M
Case:Rosewill Galaxy 03
Monitor:Compaq w17q VGA monitor
I can't install Windows 7 because my monitor won't turn on, PLEASE HELP.

Solution
if you cant get it to run from the Graphics card try plugging your monitor into the VGA port on your Motherboard, install windows, and once in windows make sure it is recognizing your GPU in device manager. Then go from there. If it is go ahead and install drivers, shut down, and move monitor back to GPU and reboot. If it isn't shut down and try reseating your GPU, then try again.

kayper

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
if you cant get it to run from the Graphics card try plugging your monitor into the VGA port on your Motherboard, install windows, and once in windows make sure it is recognizing your GPU in device manager. Then go from there. If it is go ahead and install drivers, shut down, and move monitor back to GPU and reboot. If it isn't shut down and try reseating your GPU, then try again.

Solution
Hello... The GTX750 doesn't have a VGA ( analog ) Signal available?.... You need a DVI/HDMI ( Digital ) Signal input Monitor? Modern Technology has evolved past VGA ( analog ) signals being provided in current Video Card products... Check your Brand/Model for DATA or Specs that confirm or deny your assumption here.
Typically a RAMDAC is used or mentioned on the card specs for Digital to Analog conversion.