[SOLVED] My Epson L3150 only prints b/w

Dec 28, 2020
After printing some color pictures, my laptop went off and the printing in my almost new epson L3150 stopped mid-way.
When i connected the laptop again , the printer only prints b/w, not giving any error message. Cleaning the head didnt make any difference, its like the color nozzles werent there!
Any ideas?

Solution
Yep, I have checked off the b/w option, also run many times the nozzle cleaning and the built in test. The lines pattern printed 100% in black, the other 3 colors are missing completely.
Theres a "power clean" procedure that i still have to try, although I dont have clue about what it does beyond waste lot of ink (following the user guide)

So, next thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the software, That one i was trying to avoid but sure you are right, is the next step before sending the printer to service.
In my 35 years with PCs and printers I have never seen a printer crashing so hard only because the PC halted during the printing.

If the self test did not print in color the drivers won't help. Did you try power...
Did you check if the printing was simply set to B/W or greyscale in the print options? If they are not, uninstall and re-install the printer software on the laptop. Test it from another computer and also the built in print test to make sure the printer itself is fine.

Dec 28, 2020
Yep, I have checked off the b/w option, also run many times the nozzle cleaning and the built in test. The lines pattern printed 100% in black, the other 3 colors are missing completely.
Theres a "power clean" procedure that i still have to try, although I dont have clue about what it does beyond waste lot of ink (following the user guide)

So, next thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the software, That one i was trying to avoid but sure you are right, is the next step before sending the printer to service.
In my 35 years with PCs and printers I have never seen a printer crashing so hard only because the PC halted during the printing.

If the self test did not print in color the drivers won't help. Did you try power cycling the printer and re-seating the ink tanks?

Solution
Dec 28, 2020
Thanks a lot for your help, after power cycling, reseating the tanks and running a "power clean" the printer is working fine. 3 days of ordeal got to and end.
You earned a blessing for a wonderful 2021!

TRENDING THREADS