[SOLVED] My ethernet port and Gpu aren't working

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
I've been struggling with these problems for the longest time. First of all, my GPU doesn't want to work. It can show the monitor display just fine but it doesn't want to run games. It's stuck on the Windows Basic Display Driver and appears as error code 43. I've tried reinstalling drivers from different release dates. I've tried resetting my CMOS and reinstalling Windows. I've even bought a new GPU but nothing would change.

At the same time I've also had troubles getting the ethernet port to work. I rely on using a USB to ethernet adapter but it still disconnects sometimes. One time, the original port started working out of nowhere and it lasted for months. But now it's the same problem. It lights up but it doesn't connect to internet.

I've always thought these were two different problems but I've realized they might be from the same cause. I've replaced my motherboard with a new one and I'm having the exact same issues. What could be the problem? Is it the power supply?

Solution
It could be the PSU, unless you forgot to connect the GPU's power plugs to it. It usually needs an 8pin PEG/PCIe connector plugged into it.

You could measure the voltage if you have a meter. yellow is 12v and black is ground.

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
latest non beta bios? latest chipset driver?
check for bend pin on the cpu?

was it a fresh os install for this ryzen build? windows 10 up to date?
Yup I've updated to the latest non beta BIOS and chipset drivers. No bends on the CPU at all. I've done fresh installs of Windows 10 and have installed all updates. Although my Windows 10 isn't actually activated. It's worked fine for five months until it started doing this.

Where did windows come from? An old system you moved over or a fresh install?
Either way, you may have the wrong drivers if you didn't install them.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-BAZOOKA#down-driver
Select your OS and then begin by installing the chipset driver.

You get the GTX driver from Nvidia
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

I originally had the Windows 7 64bit upgrade to Windows 10 but after making a mistake during reinstallation, I've been stuck with a nonactivated Windows using the USB bootable media drive thing.

I've made sure to install all the right drivers from the motherboard product page. I've also made sure to install the right Nvidia driver from the main site. I've tried many releases from new to old, even drivers from Windows update. No change.

My build has worked completely fine after building in back in January. But when I ran ARMA 3 for the first time in July, my PC just crashed and the GPU problems have happened since. The ethernet port starts acting up every now and then.

Another thing is, 3 out of 5 times I boot up my PC, my keyboard doesn't work right off the bat. I have to unplug and replug it in order to fix it.

Giephri

Honorable
Apr 17, 2014
You might want to RMA the motherboard with MSI.
The GPU could be an issue also, do you have another pc to test it in?

I've bought a new motherboard and GPU, an ASRock B450m PRO4 and a Radeon RX 470. I tried replacing each one individually and put both new ones at the same time; I have the exact same issue.

popatim

Titan
It could be the PSU, unless you forgot to connect the GPU's power plugs to it. It usually needs an 8pin PEG/PCIe connector plugged into it.

You could measure the voltage if you have a meter. yellow is 12v and black is ground.

Solution