My EVO 960 NVME drive is no longer visible or bootable

Dec 21, 2018
Hi guys,

Mobo: Asus H97 Pro gamer. Bios ver 2503 - last update

I have installed EVO 960 m.2 nvme 256 gb more than 6 months. It was working fine till yesterday. When I turn on my PC it show bios menu and that's it. I can't see my NVME there anymore and not booting. My BIOS is last ver updated. I put my EVO to another PC and is visible so this mean that my SSD is ok. I use another new NVME drive on my motherboard but is also not visible. Is there any specific setting in the BIOS that I must do to see my m.2 NVME? Also I try to make a fresh install from bootable USB drive but again my NVME is not visible in the windows installation. This make to think that - 1. My M.2 slot is burned out or 2. there are some special setting in the bios to make the drive visible

Anyone?

It would appear that the mainboard is the problem. The EVO should immediately appear in the bios and disk management when installed without further ado, like the drive does in the second machine.There is no switch in the bios to recognize the drive and the fact it now doesn't work after working well for some time. and works in the second machine, indicates its the board not the drive.

Dec 21, 2018
now the other problem is that when my pc start always get in to bios before logon Windows...i must manualy choose evo ssd for boot and then no problem until i turn off pc again. also i note that my bios not save the settings. i change the battery with new one but the problem still exist

TRENDING THREADS