Question My EXP GDC external graphics card turns itself on without plugging in or turning on the laptop ?

Dec 10, 2020
Hello. I just bought a new EXP GDC external graphics card for my laptop. After i done all the setup after watching the tutorial in youtube, i try to turn on the PSU which is connected to the EXP GDC itself. I expected the GPU wont turn on since you need to connect it the the laptop. But mine, it's turn on itself, without connect it to the laptop. Am I doing something wrong? Is my EXP GDC broken? I really need your help. BTW I use ExpressCard to connect it to the laptop. Also, when i boot my laptop while the EXP GDC were running, i got a black screen but the startup song plays in the background.

Dec 10, 2020
what the exact model of the exp gdc and your laptop

My laptop model is Dell Latitude E5530 i5-3320m , Intel HD 4000, 6 GB RAM. My EXP GDC model is EXP GDC Beast v8.5. The GPU that im using for EXP GDC is GT 1030.

Update: The GPU, EXP GDC, and PSU still running even though it not connected to laptop.
: My laptop detected the GPU but has has error Code 12. Here's the full error message.

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

"If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system"