My experience with the Opera GX so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok.
After a full day of usage, i really really like it.
Obviously its easier for a 'gamer' to operate, with Spotify, Discord, Twitch (although i rarelly watch it anymore), Youtube already installed and ready to go.
I like the fact that everything can be linked to your Google account, and searching for something also uses Google, which is nice.
I have to mention the 'clicking' sound when you are typing are oddly satisfying and just makes you type faster xD (or that's just me).
I still haven't noticed a gaming performance with it though.
My i3 3240 struggles with multitasking as you might guess, so a lighter load on my cpu would be nice to have.
Background and app customization is also nice.
Being able to set your own theme and customize letters, pages and create your own theme is pretty nice to have.
Setting your own performance limits, whether that being RAM or CPU can be pretty beneficial when loading in a game.
I noticed that while loading into Minecraft.
My CPU stays at 100% when loading into MC (especially MOJANG screen) and my whole pc just 'blocks' to say the least, which means i cant talk to my friends on Discord for the time it loads, or listen to music,etc..
Today when i started minecraft, it loaded in a matter of 5 seconds, with me being able to talk to my friend's while it is loading.
The only thing that stopped working was the Spotify in Opera GX, which is obviously the reason i was able to load that fast in the game while being able to talk to my friends.
But my FPS didnt change, but to be honest, how can someone expect a FPS change when changing browsers xD?
Overall, i will keep using this browser instead of Google since it obviously makes both my life and usage easier.
I highly recommend downloading this if you want a fast access to all the new's (gaming mainly), apps i mentioned above and just a lighter, faster and better experience.

Welcome to the club. I just like it for the looks. I don't limit the resource usage and when you don't it can get pretty resource hungry. Also has a battery saver function though I don't know how well it works, it claims to stop running scripts on unopened tabs but I don't really see a change of battery life on my laptop.

What I don't like about it:
  • Doesn't allow me to view source code of site with F12
  • If removing the last tab of an open GX broswer to another GX browser with your main tabs, it'll keep the other GX browser open still instead of automatically closing it. And as far as I can tell, there's no option to enable this feature in settings.
  • Built-in ad-blocker doesn't allow me to quickly white-list sites of my choosing. It's either on or off.
  • It's parent owner is from China, luckily opera gx was designed by a norwegian company and therefore follows norwegian net laws, but still, opera is a closed-source app. Anything can be happening behind the scenes.

Reactions: Dj0gany
Welcome to the club. I just like it for the looks. I don't limit the resource usage and when you don't it can get pretty resource hungry. Also has a battery saver function though I don't know how well it works, it claims to stop running scripts on unopened tabs but I don't really see a change of battery life on my laptop.

What I don't like about it:
  • Doesn't allow me to view source code of site with F12
  • If removing the last tab of an open GX broswer to another GX browser with your main tabs, it'll keep the other GX browser open still instead of automatically closing it. And as far as I can tell, there's no option to enable this feature in settings.
  • Built-in ad-blocker doesn't allow me to quickly white-list sites of my choosing. It's either on or off.
  • It's parent owner is from China, luckily opera gx was designed by a norwegian company and therefore follows norwegian net laws, but still, opera is a closed-source app. Anything can be happening behind the scenes.
Thanks for sharing your experience!
I forgot about the AdBlocker thing xD
Unfortunately i have to rimit my resources, but i sacrifice my ram for it.
Luckily i have 16gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.