My external graphics card started smoking after i turn on the power supply

May 28, 2018
I finally got all my parts needed to power a external graphics card on my laptop, i plugged the 2 cable from the corsair vs450 power supply into the dock and i use a gtx 750 ti and a NGFF cable which fits on my laptop. after i plug all in, i start the power supply and my external graphics card started smoking so i immediately pull out all plugs and smoking stop, i still cant identify the condition of the graphics card but i do want to know is what cause this?

May 28, 2018
I double check all the plugs and even watch videos on youtube and confirmed that my adapters are correct, my power supply is a corsair vs 450 which is 450 watts and the smoking started directly in the center of the gpu

May 28, 2018
Correction, i just check my wires again and i was wrong about the smoking from the center, i actually didn't saw where the smoke came from when it start smoking because i was in a hurry to unplug all wires, then i noticed the 2 cables that connect the dock to the power supply and they seemed like boiled and the insulation part of the wires was almost melted, these two cables is near the dock and gpu so i guess the it was the source of smoking so i guess i must buy a lower power supply with less watts?