Question My external monitor suddenly keeps flashing black

Oct 18, 2019
I have an Asus R516U laptop, which is pretty old, with a Nvidiat 950M gpu and an Asus VE288 monitor that I use as a second display and both have been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Suddenly the monitor keeps flashing black and I can't figure out the problem. I have tried numerous HDMI cords, updated the Nvidia drivers several times, uninstalled all the apps from about a week before the problem started happening, updated all the drivers for the Intel HD 520 graphics and even tried rolling it back to the previous versions, I have tried the monitor on different things like my ps4 and even a different laptop and it works fine no flashing, I have connected the laptop to my TV through the same HDMI port and it doesn't cause any flashing even if left on for hours (usually the flashing begins instantly with the other monitor), there is no other electronics besides my lamp that sits on the same desk, I have tried connecting both the monitor and the laptop to the wall socket even though both work just fine on other devices when plugged into a power strip and every other app that I haven't removed has been updated and the problem still continues and I don't know what could be causing it

Oct 18, 2019
Sorry for the late response, I have been sick the past few days. I updated the Nvidia drivers to 436.68, they are the latest ones, I believe before that they were the previous versions, for intel it was 20.19.15.4371 and now they are 21.20.16.4727 and just yesterday I used DDU to uninstall the drivers before reinstalling them. The BIOS I am updating now but the new drivers and uninstalling the old ones with DDU in safe mode did not work.

TRENDING THREADS