My extra monitor has a tinted-blue effect! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackhawk23518

Honorable
Sep 22, 2013
Hi. I connected my HP Windows 8 Laptop to a monitor, it all seems to work, however the monitors screen color is an odd tinted-blue effect. Is there a way I can get it back to normal?

Solution
Either you need to play with the color settings on the screen itself (although if it works with other computers, this may not be the problem), you have a faulty video cable, or you need to update the video drivers on the laptop and then play with the settings there as well.
Either you need to play with the color settings on the screen itself (although if it works with other computers, this may not be the problem), you have a faulty video cable, or you need to update the video drivers on the laptop and then play with the settings there as well.

Solution

Penelope Keith

Reputable
Apr 28, 2014

Angel! That fixed it for me too. :)

beachbummm76

Reputable
May 5, 2014

OMGGGGG dude the same thing happened to me and moving the cable fixed it!! Sooo happy that I stumbled upon this first, before finding some post and following crazy instructions to mess with my computer.

Thanks!

teedeepee

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
I don't have a laptop - but my monitor screen also had this wierd blue tint. Having read this thread, I simply unplugged and replugged the cables back into the monitor - hey presto, everything normal again. I had looked up the problem and it was talking about faulty graphic cards etc etc - no way. Sometimes the simplest solutions are so simple that they are just plain crazy (so how glad am I?)

Status
Not open for further replies.