My fans don't show up on speed fan

soniccaner1

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
I think its the fact of where i put my fans.I just built this pc and my cpu fan is running fast at all times XD.
My case is still open where should i put the cpu fan and the case fans?-show a picture please

Where to put them?? Depends on the case.. Usually you have a fan in the front of the case sucking air in and a fan on the back of the case to suck air out. Also your cpu fan speed is probably controlled by setting in the BIOS.. It may be set to run at higher than needed speeds to keep the cpu as cool as possible at the cost of a loud fan.

soniccaner1

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

i connected the fans to the mobo. I have 2 running now and 1 spare -didn't put it in forgot to XD- They're case fans. I put em somewhere in the mobo idk XD in one of the pin ones like the needle ones and they work so XD

syked3

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015

okay well you need to make sure they are on the right "pins", the pins are usually labelled "sys_fan header" or something. Also, bear in mind if the pins on the motherboard are only 3 pins and not 4 you won't be able to control the speed of the fans.

soniccaner1

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015

man i don't even know anymore. My computer is already messed up when i built it i made it somehow that it can start up by pressing the power button but not shut off XD

syked3

Reputable
Jul 7, 2015
Building your first PC is difficult but take your time with it and make sure everything is in the right place. Refer to your motherboard manual if you are not sure you have placed the fan cables in the right place.