Question My files are encrypted HELP!

May 20, 2019
Guys some of my files were deleted, and my some of the files have .ferosas after the name. How do I restore my files? I deleted the virus I think. But the files have stayed encrypted.

USAFRet

Titan
Guys some of my files were deleted, and my some of the files have .ferosas after the name. How do I restore my files? I deleted the virus I think. But the files have stayed encrypted.
Removing the actual virus is only one step in the process. Your stuff is still encrypted and unusable.

You recover from the backup you made before this happened.
Failing that, you'd probably have to actually buy a decryption tool. Which may not work.

Searching around, I see a few. I can't recommend one over another, because I've never used one.

I can find no reputable guides for recovery of ransom-hosed data on this variant...(I'll consider any guide that mentions SuperSpyHunter as a tool as bordering on being as worthless as the actual ransomware....)

Barring some external backups backups that were not encrypted,...we've at least learned the value of having them, and, the dangers of not.

D

Deleted member 14196

if only I had a dollar for every one of these posts.

sigh, you are pretty much screwed dude. Clean install and keep backups going forward, and be careful about what you open and run and download, etc..