Build Complete My final build for now. intel 8700, 1080ti, m.2 black, 16GB 2666, AIO, B360, View 71

Looks good. Interesting case setup.

Next investment should be a good power supply. The 600B isn't bad for budget gaming builds, but shouldn't be used for high-end gaming builds. It's entry-level at best.

fpshooterful

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2013
Next investment should be a good power supply. The 600B isn't bad for budget gaming builds, but shouldn't be used for high-end gaming builds. It's entry-level at best.
[/QUOTE]

Really? I was recommended by my local store Computer sales rep telling me that the 600 B should be more than enough for my type of setup. I asked the sales rep if i should go for the 750 wat, but he told me 600 wat should be enough?

Really? I was recommended by my local store Computer sales rep telling me that the 600 B should be more than enough for my type of setup. I asked the sales rep if i should go for the 750 wat, but he told me 600 wat should be enough?
[/QUOTE]

Yeah he told you it was enough wattages but he didn't tell you if it was a PSU of good quality.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, if he thought this was entirely a wattage issue, he wasn't particularly knowledgeable about the field. Pairing a cheapy group-regulated PSU (make sure to not use the C6/C7 sleep states) with a modern i7 and a GPU that's still competitive with $400-$500 GPUs is less than ideal.

There are far worse PSUs out there, but this was a fairly poor recommendation, and I'm disappointed that the salesman gave you such advice. I hope you got a reasonable discount for taking an 8000 series CPU and the 1080 Ti; given that he foisted a 600B on you, I'm a little worried that he was trying to clear out inventory.

TRENDING THREADS