majin ssj eric

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Ok, so after numerous builds and rebuilds my rig is finally somewhat finished. I figured I would take the time to show off all of my blood, sweat and tears right here on Tom's. So in the beginning I decided to go with a sandy bridge build (thanks to the great advice on this very forum). At the time, of course, the P67 mobos were unavailable so I elected to wait out the not-a-recall. Eventually, however, I got tired of waiting and purchased a P8P67-M Pro board from CompUSA which I knew was a non-B3 stepping board. The idea was to go ahead and build the rig and replace the mobo as soon as the B3 boards started to become available. Well, fast-forward a few weeks and the P67 Sabertooth (the board I originally wanted) came available on the Egg. I ordered one and when it came in I tore my system apart and reinstalled everything with the new board (got a full refund from CompUSA so it all worked out). I also added a Hyper 212+ cooler with the second fan for push-pull and the 50mm assistant fan for the Sabertooth's "thermal armor". Later I decided to add a second EVGA GTX 560Ti SC. Anyway, here is the current state of my build. Please let me know what you think....

Intel i7 2600k @ 4500MHz
Asus Sabertooth P67
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600MHz
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
2x EVGA GTX 560Ti SC
Corsair HX750W PSU
Cooler Master CM690II Advanced with side window
WD Velociraptor 150GB HDD
Hitachi Deskstar 1TB HDD
Samsung Blu-ray player/DVD burner
Sony 17-1 media card reader

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

She's a great system!

Your system looks great, running the Intel® Core™ I7 2600K overclocked to 4.5GHz and it is running nice and cool on air. About the only question I have for you is that you skipped the SSD in favor of a WD VelociRaptor? You really should take a look at the difference an SSD can make. Check out the Intel SSD 320 120Gb.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

tike50

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Awesome build! I am currently saving to start a very similar build in September. Just one question.. You have 3 case fans minimum on the CM 690ii Advanced, Plus 2 on the CM Hyper 212+, so total of 5 fans?

The Sabertooth MB only has I think 3 fan headers, 4 if you include the one for the 50mm fan.

Can I just ask for some advice on how you have wired these up? Are some powered off the PSU, or all MB or a mixture? Have you used any Y splitter cables?

Any help much appreciated or even more pics!