[SOLVED] My First build. How did I do?

May 13, 2020
Hello all. I did very little research ( because I am lazy and spend money like I got it ) and threw this PC together to play some games. I am curious how I did and would like honest opinions. I can take it. I would like to go to a 4K monitor but I believe I would need to update my gpu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Motherboard - MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU - Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM - Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz
Power Supply - EVGA 750 W Bronze
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
HDD - WD Blue 3TB
Monitor - LG Ultrawide 29" 2560x1080

Solution
It is definitely a good system, for sure. But it isn’t a well optimised system relative to the money you spent on it. I’d wager there would be a more optimal configuration for the money you spent.

But that’s just us on the internet talking. If it makes you smile, then you’ve done well.
Hello all. I did very little research ( because I am lazy and spend money like I got it ) and threw this PC together to play some games. I am curious how I did and would like honest opinions. I can take it. I would like to go to a 4K monitor but I believe I would need to update my gpu. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Motherboard - MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
CPU - Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU - Radeon RX 580 8GB
RAM - Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 16GB 3200 MHz
Power Supply - EVGA 750 W Bronze
SSD - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
HDD - WD Blue 3TB
Monitor - LG Ultrawide 29" 2560x1080
Pretty good, I would have gone to 3700x and 3600 MHz RAM.

navask01

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2013
It is definitely a good system, for sure. But it isn’t a well optimised system relative to the money you spent on it. I’d wager there would be a more optimal configuration for the money you spent.

But that’s just us on the internet talking. If it makes you smile, then you’ve done well.

Solution
May 13, 2020
Thanks all. I appreciate the feedback. I should have done more research to optimize my build as navask01 mentioned. It would have saved me a few bucks. I look at it as a lessoned learned. I do enjoy it very much though and that is what counts. No problems running anything I have played so far so that is a thumbs up in my book. I think I have the bug now so upgrades to come and eventually another build. Take care and be safe put there.