[SOLVED] My first build need help!

Dec 14, 2019
Hello all I've come to ask for help! I have recently built my first PC you tube said it would be easy! I matched components and put it all together.
Aorus b450i pro wifi
16 gab ram stick x1
1t m.2 n.me storage
Ryzen 7 with gtx 1660 Invidia card

There are two slots for the ram and I don't know which one to use. The manual does not help me. I also find my monitor is 2006 and won't connect so I gotto buy a new monitor. When I switch on the PC for the first time will i have to upgrade my bios if so where do I do that about. Nervous about the switching on and booting up part. I know nothing about PC s but my build I'd done so I guess he hard part is done I hope. Just not sure about ram and nervous to press power button.

Last edited:
Solution
RAMs: slots 2 and 4 (slot 1 next to CPU). However, the PC should POST even if RAMs installed in different slots, so nothing to worry about. Just make sure that they are correctly inserted.
You can't upgrade the BIOS without a supported CPU. What exact Ryzen 7 using?
RAMs: slots 2 and 4 (slot 1 next to CPU). However, the PC should POST even if RAMs installed in different slots, so nothing to worry about. Just make sure that they are correctly inserted.
You can't upgrade the BIOS without a supported CPU. What exact Ryzen 7 using?

Solution
Dec 14, 2019
Thanks for ur reply , 2700 Ryzen - however I got to my bios and everything looks good, learnt I should use DisplayPort with a hdmi back up for my monitor - still learning - my Invidia card for blender has a display port on the back . Waiting to get win 10 put on. Keep u posted an tips would be appreciated but so far so good.

Dec 14, 2019
You're welcome. Good luck with the new setup!
That board only have 2 Memory slots and you're losing Dual Channel because you only have 1 stick.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCg7eVN6N9w

It has quite a performance impact. Especially these days. No one would recommend you only buy 1 16GB stick instead of 2 8GB sticks. Just look at the videos. Sometimes it's a 30% gain on some game.
That board only have 2 Memory slots and you're losing Dual Channel because you only have 1 stick.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCg7eVN6N9w

It has quite a performance impact. Especially these days. No one would recommend you only buy 1 16GB stick instead of 2 8GB sticks. Just look at the videos. Sometimes it's a 30% gain on some game.
gues I was given bad advice , so I could speed things up if I got another 16 stick....

Dec 14, 2019
You're welcome. Good luck with the new setup!
Thanks- I've installed win 10 but on the Ssd not the m.2. I never meant to do it. Can I unplug the Ssd and boot into bios . Bios would only show my win10usb and my m.2 - then could I just install win again, Then after its set up plug in the Ssd and delete files. Leaving m.2 as my boot. Can I do that? Feel I need to have win10 on my m.2 ? I forgot to mention I also have a 1t Ssd Samsung that's where the o.s went instead of my m.2

Dec 14, 2019
Nope. We could not create a partition or create a new one. See the set up log files.
Screen shows
0 drive partition 1. 15 mb
0 drive partition 2 m.2 drive. 953gb

Cannot move forward from here....
saw a post on this it said to clean the king keys- I found a list of keys but no clean button. Did he mean delete- I need help

Dec 14, 2019
Use http://www.imgur.com

Click on new post at top left. Choose your picture. Link the imgur link here :)
HEY HEY I done it! Bit of faffing around a few wrong steps and pop I think I have it. Win 10 installed on m.2 - 7 sec boot time - Samsung 1T now showing up once formatted , still need a win 10 key. Will pay £20 where should I go for that.? I am all ahppy with my install, is there any thing I need to check in my bio, what should be disables and enabled? Man I had some serious error screen earlier but got thro it Coss i am pretty familiar with my bio screen and installing Windows now! So what should I be checking in bios and where should I get a win key from. Oh and that1 stick of ram should I be getting another for that 30/ increase in speed? Thanks again for replying.

Initial problem was my m.2 was auto partitioned so I could not install it but I deleted them then it showed up as one empty m.2