[SOLVED] My first build. Please give advice

DanielErNoe

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
I am looking after a good set of components for my first pc build. I am looking for a pc for mainly gaming. light video editing, video recording. My budget is 1800 dollars. I found an RTX 3060 ti for 550 dollars if that will help.

My list:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
some kind of RTX 3060 ti
Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz (2x8GB)
Western Digital Black SN850 1TB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Black
Corsair RM850
Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM, amount: 4
NA-SAVP1 black Anti-Vibration (16 pack)

I would gladly take some feedback!
and what monitor should I buy, should I buy G-sync or not?
I think about 144 Hz

and should I rather buy an intel i5-11400
and Corsair 7000D Airflow

Last edited:
Solution
Is the pcie 4 ssd a bitt to mutch speed for a Os and games ssd.
you won't notice any difference in speeds between M.2 or SATA III SSD for games or regular applications.
i would use the M.2 for the OS & regular apps but go for a much larger SSD for games.
can become a big hassle when\if OS fails or when reinstalling and all of your games are also located on that OS drive.
If i want to add more fans later should i get a 2-way 4pin or is that a bad idea?
if your motherboard doesn't offer adequate fan headers the best option would be to get a nice fan hub that can handle the majority of case fans.
I am looking after a good set of components for my first pc build. I am looking for a pc for mainly gaming. light video editing, video recording. My budget is 1800 dollars. I found an RTX 3060 ti for 550 dollars if that will help.

My list:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING (WI-FI)
some kind of RTX 3060 ti
Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz (2x8GB)
Western Digital Black SN850 1TB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Phanteks Eclipse P400A Black
Corsair RM850
Noctua NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM, amount: 4
NA-SAVP1 black Anti-Vibration (16 pack)

I would gladly take some feedback!
and what monitor should I buy, should I buy G-sync or not?
I think about 144 Hz

and should I rather buy an intel i5-11400
and Corsair 7000D Airflow
If you can, change your RAM to3600Mhz.

Reactions: DanielErNoe
Is the pcie 4 ssd a bitt to mutch speed for a Os and games ssd.
you won't notice any difference in speeds between M.2 or SATA III SSD for games or regular applications.
i would use the M.2 for the OS & regular apps but go for a much larger SSD for games.
can become a big hassle when\if OS fails or when reinstalling and all of your games are also located on that OS drive.
If i want to add more fans later should i get a 2-way 4pin or is that a bad idea?
if your motherboard doesn't offer adequate fan headers the best option would be to get a nice fan hub that can handle the majority of case fans.

Reactions: DanielErNoe
Solution

DanielErNoe

Commendable
Jun 29, 2021
Thanks for your respond i was going to add a sepperate Os drive but if you didnt say anything I would've bought 2 m.2 ssd.

I have learn alot more thanks:D

Last edited: