my first build

the day b4 2moro

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
okay, after saving up for ages, i have a budget of £540 to build an entire gaming computer, including an os (but without hdd since i already have one), here is what i have come up with;

cpu: amd fx 6300
motherboard: asus m5a99x
ram: corsair vengeance 8gb
gpu: gigabyte r9 270x windforce 3x oc bf4 edition 2gb
psu: corsair 600w
case: zalman z11 plus

i chose the m5a99x as it gives me good overclocking, upgradability and good crossfire/sli potential if i want it in the future.
i also chose the gigabyte r9 270x as it comes with bf4 for free which is the main reason i am getting this pc.
i have chosen windows 8 as i am told it can increase frame rate by up to 10%.

this build comes to £520
my questions are;

is this a good build?
is it the best bang for my buck (or pound)?
what improvements could i make?

i dont particularly want to spend all of my money, but i don't mind, i may also be able to spend a few pennies more if absolutely necessary

all answers will be much appreciated, thanks

Solution
It is a very good bang for pound(i am also English) build:)
Windows 8.1 is what your talking about is it? You put windows 8

Windows 8.1 has directx 11.2 which Battlefield 4 uses.

Have you checked to see if the graphics card will fit in the case? Some of those Gigabyte cards are very long.

Anyway you will get good performance on that computer:D

Have you built a computer before?

jay2577

Honorable
It is a very good bang for pound(i am also English) build:)
Windows 8.1 is what your talking about is it? You put windows 8

Windows 8.1 has directx 11.2 which Battlefield 4 uses.

Have you checked to see if the graphics card will fit in the case? Some of those Gigabyte cards are very long.

Anyway you will get good performance on that computer:D

Have you built a computer before?

Solution

the day b4 2moro

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

the day b4 2moro

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

the day b4 2moro

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Thanks =D, yes I did mean win 8.1 and I will definitely measure the case, although if it can't fit I might get an Asus direct cu2 of motherboard, which also comes with bf4, however it is £20 more.... Is it worth it? Most reviews I have seen say the gigabyte one is slightly better but this doesn't make sense to me. Do you know which is better?
Anyway yes it is my first build- I am a little nervous, however I have been studying the way of the pc builder for the whole duration of the time I have been saving ( only 15, so still relying on pocketmoney and Christmas etc), 9 months in total!

jay2577

Honorable
The Zalman Z11 will fit graphics cards up to 290mm in length and the Gigabyte card is 297mm so it will not fit in that case.

You have two choices,
1. change the graphics card
2. change the case

Just a thought i had is that it will fit in this case which is £50.98
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/sharkoon-t9-value-blue-edition-mid-tower-case-inc-front-usb-30-audio-and-cable-management-w-o-psu

1799234-a.jpg

Also if this is your first build i suggest reading this thoroughly
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1657114/step-step-guide-building.html

And watching this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zOYdNEHDQo

If you have any further questions feel free to ask but i might not answer until the morning depending on when i fall asleep:)

the day b4 2moro

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013