Question My first build !

May 10, 2019
Hello,

This is my first time here and first time building my own, little nervous i will make a mistake. Can you please guys/girls check my build and if there is some advice or tips type them out, it will be really helpful :giggle:

So far i bought the motherboard and the video card...
Here is my build that i plan to get https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Skyborn/saved/#view=qtQDxr
And for the case i really like this one but i cannot seem to find the case in the website, so i will list it's name only Cooler Master MasterBox Q300P RGB ( https://eu.coolermaster.com/en/case/case-by-size/masterbox-q300p/ )

Nice biuld, but you don't realy need i7-8700k I'd go with i5-8400.
They have an 8700 (non-K) listed, which costs less, while offering nearly the same level of stock boost clocks as an 8700K when given proper cooler, albeit without the option to overclock. While the 6-core i5s are generally fine for today's games, I do think having more threads available will provide better performance in future titles designed around APIs like DX12 and Vulcan, that can make better use of additional threads. So a 12-threaded processor will likely provide smoother performance further into the future. The higher boost clocks will also likely help as games become more demanding on the CPU over time. So I would say an 8700 is arguably a decent choice for one not planning to upgrade their CPU for a number of years.

I agree that 16GB would probably be good though, as we are already seeing games benefiting from having access to more than 8GB, so it would have more immediate benefits.

May 10, 2019
Thank you guys, I will try with the 16GB then, I heard that 2x 8gb is faster than a single 16gb is that true ?
Also about the i7-8700 i want to invest in something that will run smooth most games and programs for couple years.
I have one more thing that i have in mind, do i need to buy some additional cables for the build ?

OneApples

Commendable
Mar 9, 2019
Yes, using multiple ram slots (make sure you put them not directly next to each other) can use more bandwith.
Your Power Supply (PSU) and case will have all the cables you need. I'm not sure about SATA Cables for your drives, but your motherboard or case will probably include those.
If you are looking for a CPU intended for future proof gaming, I could suggest the Ryzen 5 2600x, it's also cheaper than the 8700 and needs a different motherboard.

Reactions: Skyborn
You don't say what your going to use it for, other than mentioning games. If all you want to do is game, an i5 is the better choice. I picked up an i5 9400f recently which is a decent cpu for gaming. I don't think you will see any difference with the i7. Sure its more future proof, if you can call it that. I concur on the 16GB of memory.

May 10, 2019
Apologies, Mostly use it for gaming and some editing programs but noting to heavy on the program side.
I might reconsider the i5, also for sure i will be getting the 16gb ram.
Last thing i was wondering is the case and the size of the video card. Will they fit and how do it check if there is enough space for it because the one i have i quite spacious.