[SOLVED] My first build

Jul 28, 2019
Hello, i want to build my first gaming pc (mostly made of used parts)
CPU: I5 2500k
GPU: XFX RX570 4gb
RAM: Corsair XMS 3 8gb (dual channel)
MOBO: Gigabyte P67A-UD4
PSU: 550W Corsair CX550M 80+ (new)
STORAGE: Blue Wd 500gb
The cpu, ram, storage, motherboard (+a gtx 560 1gb) were bought for 140 euro (all used aprts)
The PSU it is 80 euro and the gpu it is 70 euro
All my build costs around 300 euro
So what do u think, can i play on it or it is any good
PS: What cpu cooler should i buy to be able to overclock my cpu

Solution
I saw some vids on youtube with this cpu pairing it with a gtx 1080 and playing the AAA games at medium-high settings with no problem at 1080p? So what's the catch?

the RX570? pairing with a 1080? no... just no, it waaaay inferior, but thats not saying it cant handle some titles, being AAA doesnt equals to uber high quality and all that, it just means its made by uber companies with tons of cash and all that.

if you were to play witcher 3 with it, which is my pref comparison game, you'll may be able to get away with it on lower settings, but nope, at higher ones, no deal, at medium? could work but fps will be sub the desired 60 but a hefty amount.

notice that these compare videos doesnt necessarily translate into RL scenario...
well, its a bit on the edge, you'll be able to play the CSGOs and dotas and the sort of mainstream games, but the eyecandy titles? perhaps on low, on high and up, only if you like to play on the 20-30 fps range.. plus, while it may work, that cpu is bellow the min required for nowadays stuff.

id say it depends on what you wanna play

Jul 28, 2019
I saw some vids on youtube with this cpu pairing it with a gtx 1080 and playing the AAA games at medium-high settings with no problem at 1080p? So what's the catch?

the RX570? pairing with a 1080? no... just no, it waaaay inferior, but thats not saying it cant handle some titles, being AAA doesnt equals to uber high quality and all that, it just means its made by uber companies with tons of cash and all that.

if you were to play witcher 3 with it, which is my pref comparison game, you'll may be able to get away with it on lower settings, but nope, at higher ones, no deal, at medium? could work but fps will be sub the desired 60 but a hefty amount.

notice that these compare videos doesnt necessarily translate into RL scenario, they're prep'd all for just that, plus, noway they'd throw in a 2500k for testing that out

plus, what im saying is not just graphic card wise speaking, mostly your cpu is a bit old for the task, and cpu plays quite a big role

Solution