My first custom computer build.

zryus

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
I've posted a similar thread previously and I've made some recommended adjustments to my build, i did however downgrade from a 6 GB 1060 to a 3 GB 1060 and i want to know if it's worth it, as it saves $100 but may sacrifice future proofing. As before if you could recommend any suggestions to my build it would be very much appreciated.

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/GXW7f8

zryus

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017

The price i'm getting off of pcpartpicker is $30 more, but i would be willing to get it if it increases performance enough.

Geef

Distinguished
My suggestions:

3GB will last a long time also unless you plan on doing extreme settings in all games. (most of us can afford to go a little lower settings). The best of the best games are starting to get crazy and doing stuff like VR needs top of the line instead of middle.

---

Take another look at case for computer. Unless you look at your computer case every single day and pet it and swoon over it then you can handle going for a cheapy normal computer case. Also a lot of cheap computer cases come with a full setup of fans you can use instead of paying for an extra more expensive fan. If you need additional fans buy a low cost pack of 2 or 3 solid black fans off amazon.

---

Last thing, make sure once you buy your setup you keep a little backup cash ready in case you figure out you forgot something!

zryus

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017

Thanks man, but what case would you suggest? i've looked over quite a few and this is a pretty cheap case that has a bay for my optical drive, not many other cases have that and would you say that i don't need an extra fan as i'm not too sure if its really necessary but i want to keep my PC pretty cool.