My first gaming PC build

Skadiddle12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
I am building my first gaming pc and I researched and chose my parts so that it is not too overkill, but will run games very well. Here is my part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/Xn8Y2R. Please eave some comments.

Pretty solid. If you weren't in the great white north I'd say swap out the CM for a Cryorig but they still don't seem to be on the list up there. I did notice no case or OS was listed, are you reusing or have you just not sorted one out yet?

Skadiddle12

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016

I already got a 4 fan case and for windows 10 do you need a product key? What is the difference between non licensed windows and licensed windows?

Yeah you're going to need a license key to go along with that install. Simply having the software isn't going to cut it. Make sure to factor a Windows 10 home (or Pro if you need the bells and whistles) 64bit edition in to your budget. OEM is the cheapest way in to it, but it ties your license to your motherboard. So if you upgrade later on it can cause a problem reactivating with a new build. A retail copy is more expensive but you can migrate the license if you do a new build later on.