[SOLVED] My first pc build advice

ale9007

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
Hi guys i really need good advice!

its my first build , i wanna make sure allt his components are compatible?

Is this a good build on 2020, My budget is 700$ - 900$ and can match with the new next gen upcoming games? what do you think? any advice will be appreciated it!

GPU : EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 XC Ultra Gaming https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B083GH7LXW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B07FWY246F/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B07STGGQ18/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

SSD: WD BLUE nvme internal ssd
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Blue-SN...ubtag=tomshardware-row-2423969692170971600-20

Ram:
Corsair Vengeance - DDR4 DRAM
https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B0143UM4TC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Rest of the components i have them already ( Case, HD SATA, mouse , etc ) any recommendations will be aprreciated

Thanks!

Solution
Thanks mate, this gpu you listed Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card ($320.98 @ B&H) , is better than the 2060 msi one?. i see is 400$ on amazon, is this seller reliable? cuz is very cheap compared to amazon
MSI vs EVGA doesn't relaly make a difference, it's the same chip underneath. I was just confused because the EVGA one you listed as XC Gaming Ultra - 8G is a card that costs nearly twice the price. The link you provided goes through to a KO (akin to XC gaming) which is only 6GB VRAM. The brand won't make a difference but the specific type of card will.

Also the one I linked just had a slightly higher boost clock than the one you linked. However I have just noticed the link you provided...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
  • What is your PSU make and model?
  • The GPU you have stated is different to the GPU you've linked to. The link is not an XC ultra gaming, but a standard XC gaming.
  • The board needs a BIOS update in order to take a 3000 series Ryzen, but this is fine if the board has already been pre-updated or is more newly manufactured as it will come shipped with a later BIOS.
  • What is your monitor refresh rate and resolution?
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($94.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card ($320.98 @ B&H)
Total: $713.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-09 10:17 EDT-0400

ale9007

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013
  • What is your PSU make and model?
  • The GPU you have stated is different to the GPU you've linked to. The link is not an XC ultra gaming, but a standard XC gaming.
  • The board needs a BIOS update in order to take a 3000 series Ryzen, but this is fine if the board has already been pre-updated or is more newly manufactured as it will come shipped with a later BIOS.
  • What is your monitor refresh rate and resolution?
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($94.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($57.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card ($320.98 @ B&H)
Total: $713.94
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-09 10:17 EDT-0400

Thanks mate, this gpu you listed Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card ($320.98 @ B&H) , is better than the 2060 msi one?. i see is 400$ on amazon, is this seller reliable? cuz is very cheap compared to amazon

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
MSI vs EVGA doesn't relaly make a difference, it's the same chip underneath. I was just confused because the EVGA one you listed as XC Gaming Ultra - 8G is a card that costs nearly twice the price. The link you provided goes through to a KO (akin to XC gaming) which is only 6GB VRAM. The brand won't make a difference but the specific type of card will.

Also the one I linked just had a slightly higher boost clock than the one you linked. However I have just noticed the link you provided does not default to the same page as me, as we are in different countries.

I've just reopened it using a direct link and the XC Ultra Gaming appears, are you looking for the 6G or 8G version?

I would also avoid that PSU quite heavily, poor quality as far as EVGA units go.

Solution

ale9007

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Also the one I linked just had a slightly higher boost clock than the one you linked. However I have just noticed the link you provided does not default to the same page as me, as we are in different countries.

I've just reopened it using a direct link and the XC Ultra Gaming appears, are you looking for the 6G or 8G version?

I would also avoid that PSU quite heavily, poor quality as far as EVGA units go.

Ok bro thanks, what PSU do you recommend me for about 60-80$??

In this case you recommend me the EVGA one you send me over the msi 2060? , im looking honestly for 6gb however ive seen the rx's from amd version on amazon for 200 range, that has 8gb, to be honest with you i really dont know much about it or if its better the 2060 6gb than this one for example: https://www.amazon.es/MSI-Radeon-580-Gaming-refrigeración/dp/B06ZXRZ4V4

What im looking is a stable system that can last at least 5 years, and can run any next gen or upcoming game ( ps5 xbox series ), at least on 30 fps, since i sold my ps4 to buy pc instead