My first PC build, did I make a mistake?

Dec 5, 2018
I’m working on my first build I’ve received all the components now, but I can’t help feel I may have made a mistake with the chassis. I got a Thermaltake Level 10 GT LCS, it says that it supports LGA 2011 since it has the built in cooler, but I’ve got the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E which is LGA 1151. Can I remove and replace the stock cooler (I’ve got a Corsair H100i v2) or am I incredibly stupid and jumped the gun in my excitement? PCpartpicker shows no compatibility errors, and there’s even a build with an LGA 1151, but I’m now worried since its arrived.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($398.66 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($163.05 @ OutletPC)
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste ($8.44 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($254.71 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($150.73 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($247.81 @ B&H)
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($63.45 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($894.20 @ OutletPC)
Case: Thermaltake - Level 10 GT LCS ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($140.02 @ Amazon)
Total: $2321.07
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-05 19:22 EST-0500

Solution
Your case´s water cooler can be mounted on LGA115X sockets as well, by push pins (figure F in the manual), which were delivered with it.

The Corsair H100i V2 wouldn´t be necessary with this case, but could be better than the Thermaltake liquid cooler system. You might remove the Thermaltake liquid cooler completely (if possible) or just use it for other cooling like GPU, RAM, HDD, SSD, chipset.

The Corsair is an all-in-one liquid CPU cooler, and can only be used for CPU cooling. It´s not designed to run other cooling parts.
Your case´s water cooler can be mounted on LGA115X sockets as well, by push pins (figure F in the manual), which were delivered with it.

The Corsair H100i V2 wouldn´t be necessary with this case, but could be better than the Thermaltake liquid cooler system. You might remove the Thermaltake liquid cooler completely (if possible) or just use it for other cooling like GPU, RAM, HDD, SSD, chipset.

The Corsair is an all-in-one liquid CPU cooler, and can only be used for CPU cooling. It´s not designed to run other cooling parts.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018

Thank you very much, after a little looking, I figured out how to remove the stock cooler, and added the Corsair. Stock had a bit of corrosion on it and I’d read a few folks had issues with leaks, so I thought it better to just eliminate the problem before it happens,. I finished the build and it runs like a charm!