[SOLVED] My first pc

Solution
Yes, the gpu is good but why not going for AMD? For example the 3600x is at the same price and offers the same ingame performances but is much better for productivity. The 3600x also comes with a cooler in the box that is probably as good as the one you chose (but is free). Motherboards for AM4 socket also tend to be cheaper.
Maybe with the extra budget you can squeeze an RTX 2060.
Also, the power supply isn't modular, this means that you will have to keep all the cables lying in the case.

Alatrix

Great
Jul 14, 2020
Yes, the gpu is good but why not going for AMD? For example the 3600x is at the same price and offers the same ingame performances but is much better for productivity. The 3600x also comes with a cooler in the box that is probably as good as the one you chose (but is free). Motherboards for AM4 socket also tend to be cheaper.
Maybe with the extra budget you can squeeze an RTX 2060.
Also, the power supply isn't modular, this means that you will have to keep all the cables lying in the case.

Solution

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
This is my first pc ever and I need help, would the stuff on my list make a good pc that can run most games over 120 fps at 1080p?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zmDmtp
Assuming your budget is $1000, first off, you have a 9th gen intel cpu, 10th gen just came out at the same price so there’s no gain to choose an older cpu, but I wouldn’t recommend intel in general. AMD is cheaper, it draws less power, and beats intel in every category except it’s barely behind in gaming, go for the ryzen 5 3600.

I guess RGB ram is a preference, but you could save ~$20 if you didn’t have that.

You chose a hard drive? At this price point? No, go for an SSD all the way, it’s so much faster and completely silent compared to a hard drive, and 2tb? Normal gaming pc’s usually don’t go over 1tb, and most people are fine with 500gb. But a very good 1tb SSD is the Crucial MX500, get an SSD at all costs if your serious about gaming.

The gtx 1660 Super is a great card, but if your thinking about Freesync or g-sync then go AMD, G-sync is pretty expensive. Rx 580 (8gb) around the same price, but at ~10% less powerful, but if your willing to spend a few extra moneys, the Rx 5600 xt Is ~25% more powerful at ~20$ more.

You can probable do a bit better on the case, the Phanteks eclipse p400 is an excellent case at ~$80, it has 2 pre installed fans and a fan controller, a psu shroud, and a back panel for the cables, it also has an LED.

Finally, the power supply. If this is your first pc then you might want to consider a semi or fully modular power supply, which means that you can remove some of the cables that you don’t need. It would really help with cable management and make things easier.

Help needed101

Prominent
Jul 11, 2019
This is my first pc ever and I need help, would the stuff on my list make a good pc that can run most games over 120 fps at 1080p?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zmDmtp

This is already a great pc, but I would prefer you to go for an AMD build as it is more effective and uses less power. I’m going to prefer an AMD 5 3600 or even if you wanted to you could go for a 7.

You could save money in tons of places like the ram, you could choose just regular ram with no LED and put that toward a better CPU or even a GPU, although you already have a good card.

I would go for something more
modular on the power supply something like a semi-fully modular would be perfect allowing better cable management which also means you can show it off while providing more to look at.

You could save on the case and maybe switch it out for an NZXT H510, very stylish and comfortable to build in but can be challenging. Could save you up to 20$ there and it looks amazing.

I would switch out the 2tb HDD for a smaller version or keep it at the same but for gaming you must have an SSD, 500gb of one of those can make everything as better experience. It’s much faster and you will not regret it. It’s only an extra 50$ for one of these and it will change your game for sure.

For pc building i recommend going for a color scheme to save money but RGB is just fine, just some preferences. Also switching around the parts could help you get a better Motherboard.