my first rig

halfpast12

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
oki so i'v been planning on joining pc gaming for awhile, now that i hav the funds for the build i can.. build soon :) here is my first build ever a console newb seeing a brighter side of the biscuit..

cpu - i5 4670

mobo - asus z87-a

ram - 8gb of mushkin enhanced high performance memory

gpu - gtx 660 sig 2

odd - drw 24b1st

hdd - wd 500gb

psu - seasonic 650w

case corsair graphite

leaving room for an os/ monitor & loads of warranty's :)

so can i hav a couple opinions on this build plz ty :)

Solution
Do not get warranties, the components will either come DOA, and covered anyways, or you will have the warranties expire before they break. I would also suggest you get an i5-4670k so you can overclock(which would void a warranty). If you actually saved more for warranties, you can probably go for a GTX 760 or 770 too. Other than that, great build.

Jake Thorn

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
Do not get warranties, the components will either come DOA, and covered anyways, or you will have the warranties expire before they break. I would also suggest you get an i5-4670k so you can overclock(which would void a warranty). If you actually saved more for warranties, you can probably go for a GTX 760 or 770 too. Other than that, great build.

Solution

halfpast12

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
i like how you put that jake parts will come dead or break after warranties expire. so yea i think i'l change the gpu to a 760 sc w acx cooler from evga thx jake..

same thing with cpu get a k