My Fix For Corsair K70 Repeating Keystrokes

Xanthic

Reputable
Feb 20, 2016
If you have a Corsair K70 RGB with Browns and have a problem with keystrokes repeating themselves, I found a fix that worked for me!

In the front of the keyboard, there is a switch that has "1, 2, 4, 8, BIOS". Make the switch go to BIOS and switch it back to whatever you had it on. It fixed itself within a day for me and I haven't had the problem since!

Solution
I'm responding to this thread to save it from deletion. This may be of help to those in the community with the same issue. I would like to ask you though, what your full system's specs and OS are? I would ofc suggest that folks make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date and that chipset/USB drivers are all up to date.

Lutfij

Titan
I'm responding to this thread to save it from deletion. This may be of help to those in the community with the same issue. I would like to ask you though, what your full system's specs and OS are? I would ofc suggest that folks make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date and that chipset/USB drivers are all up to date.

Solution

Xanthic

Reputable
Feb 20, 2016

i5 3570k, gtx 970, asus ph 77-vle

Lutfij

Titan
I'm not sure why you selected my post as the Best Solution, perhaps it was by accident? :)

When listing your full system's specs, list them as:
CPU:
Mobo:
Ram:
GPU:
SSD/HDD:
PSU:

This paints a better picture to those in the field and wondering what is wrong.

Xanthic

Reputable
Feb 20, 2016

Yeah, i know you SHOULD list them like that, but I felt lazy. Didn't mean to press best answer, but it was a pretty good answer :)

But if you're wondering,
i5 3570k
Asus PH77V-LE
16GB Corsair Vengeance
Kingston 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate Green, 2TB Western Digital Green
GTX 970
Antec 620W Bronze
Windows 10