260GB SSD

My Main game is Rust
ive been playing Rust since 2018

my PC had the same parts for a long time now except for my Graphics card
like 3 months ago i got my GTX 980ti
before that i had a GTX 970
and Rust has been running even worse i used to get about 110 fps
and now i only get about 80 if im lucky normally its like 65
My friend that i have been playing Rust with is still using the same PC parts and those PC parts are worse than mine
for example hes got a GTX 960 and he gets about 100 fps so its not like an update that destroyed my FPS
oh it could also be important to say that when im in game i get about 30-40% usage with my Graphics card aswell as my CPU

everything is also installed as it should be
everything updated
and i still dont know why im not getting more FPS

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
GPU usage, clock speed, and temps under load in rust? My first guess would be a display driver issue. If the card is overheating it will throttle and hurt performance. Also could be a power issue, I have seen inadequate power supply's cause a gpu to behave strangely.

May 22, 2021
GPU usage, clock speed, and temps under load in rust? My first guess would be a display driver issue. If the card is overheating it will throttle and hurt performance. Also could be a power issue, I have seen inadequate power supply's cause a gpu to behave strangely.
gpu usage is always at about 35%
clock speed is at 3.4ghz
temps are always at around 85 degrees
i could put my fans at a higher spin rate and i also do that almost every time
it could be the power issue
when i got my new graphics card i realised that i cant install it since i didnt have the right 8 pin plug or whatever you call that thing
i only had 2, 6 pin plugs even tho i needed 1 6 pin and 1 8 pin or 2 8 pin im not quite sure right now
so i got like a new cable that changed the 6 pin to an 8 pin
if that could be the problem i can easily get a new power supply

jrglol

Reputable
Jun 27, 2017
so first off my native language isnt english so im sorry if it isnt perfect

My PC:
GTX 980ti
Ryzen 5 2600
16gb 2400mhz ddr4 RAM
ASUS Prime B450 Plus Motherboard
2tb HDD
260GB SSD

My Main game is Rust
ive been playing Rust since 2018

my PC had the same parts for a long time now except for my Graphics card
like 3 months ago i got my GTX 980ti
before that i had a GTX 970
and Rust has been running even worse i used to get about 110 fps
and now i only get about 80 if im lucky normally its like 65
My friend that i have been playing Rust with is still using the same PC parts and those PC parts are worse than mine
for example hes got a GTX 960 and he gets about 100 fps so its not like an update that destroyed my FPS
oh it could also be important to say that when im in game i get about 30-40% usage with my Graphics card aswell as my CPU

everything is also installed as it should be
everything updated
and i still dont know why im not getting more FPS
maybe try running DDU and install fresh drivers for it? Also maybe try re-pasting the card. It is possible that the previous owner did improper maintenance to it before selling it. He could possibly didnt cover the whole gpu dye with thermal paste, or forgot to place thermal pads on the memory chips, or perhaps even both! There is also another possibility that your psu cant handle the card.

May 22, 2021
maybe try running DDU and install fresh drivers for it? Also maybe try re-pasting the card. It is possible that the previous owner did improper maintenance to it before selling it. He could possibly didnt cover the whole gpu dye with thermal paste, or forgot to place thermal pads on the memory chips, or perhaps even both! There is also another possibility that your psu cant handle the card.
installing fresh drivers probably wont work since i had to reset my pc a few weeks ago and nothing changed after i installed everything again
i dont know anything about thermal paste so ill probably have to get someone that knows more than me to check
and i was thinking about getting a new psu