My FPS is awful, after PC restore.

Flaxy1212

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017
Hello

I have recently restored my PC to factory settings, in order to speed up my computer and because I bought an SSD. After I had reset my PC I tried to play CS:GO, the fps on my normal settings was 60 but when ever anything happened it would drop, even after setting all settings to the lowest I would get a around 80, until something happened then it would drop to 40. Then I tried to play league of legends which isn't an intensive game and my PC once again struggled with the fps.

I have installed all the graphics drivers, that did not fix the issue. I have also recently added a new layer of thermal paste to my CPU but my CPU averages at 55% when playing games. so I am really stumped on what is causing this issue.

My specs:

RAM = 7.95GB

CPU = Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.20GHz

System Type = 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Graphics card = AMD Radeon 7950

SSD = 500GB

Storage = 2TB+

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Solution
After any restore, you will also be busy again w/ a large handful of Windows updates, and then fresh drivers to overwrite the anything MS botched during the Win10 update...

Let's make sure all updates are done first, as downloading updates while playing games will put a severe hit on many systems' performance levels...

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
make sure you install the chipset drivers and verify the SSD is not seen by windows as a traditional HDD. the setting is in bios to change it setting to AHCI and some motherboards have a SSD setting as well. there is a CMD you can run to check that its set as a SSD or not. IF you are on for example Windows 10 you can check the Optimize drives and it will show the Media type if its Solid State Drive or Hard Disk Drive type. that makes a difference in speed if you have a SSD set as an HDD. and whats wrong with 60fps - 80 fps? I have never played those games but it does not seem low to me. and if your CPU is only running max load at 55% I would check your video card load while playing the games (in windows 10 you can just look at the task manager as it has the numbers)

Flaxy1212

Prominent
Aug 10, 2017

I have tried everything you have said, and I am still getting 25 frames in CS:GO when ever anyone shoots at me or i'm walking around.

After any restore, you will also be busy again w/ a large handful of Windows updates, and then fresh drivers to overwrite the anything MS botched during the Win10 update...

Let's make sure all updates are done first, as downloading updates while playing games will put a severe hit on many systems' performance levels...

Solution