My FPS is high but the game is not smooth

Feb 4, 2019
Okay, so I bought my new PC May 2018. The video card is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti, processor is Intel Core i3-7100 3.9GHz. When I play Fortnite for example it shows that I have 70-80+ FPS but the game just does not run smoothly. This problem took place 2-3 months after buying my PC, before that everything was fine. My friends do not suffer from this kind of problem. I have tried a lot of things, but none of them helped. My monitor is Full HD with 5ms response time and it is a 60hz. When I tried lowering my resolution to 1280x1024 from the NVidia Control Panel that gave me the option to set the 60hz to 75hz. I did that, went into the in-game settings of Fortnite, made it on WindowedFullscreen and it was perfectly running. But it does not make any sense not running smoothly on 1920x1080 60hz. If someone has a solution for me I would be really happy. Thanks in advance!

Feb 4, 2019
I actually managed to overclock my monitor to 75hz and that did it for me. I capped the FPS for fortnite to 75 and it's all good. Thank you for helping!

TRENDING THREADS