Question My friend bought an new computer

sif5812

Honorable
Sep 22, 2018
So my friend bought an 2600 ryzen, x470 msi gaming motherboard, rx580 sapphire, and 16 of g skill aegies every part new on newegg, trying to run on a deepcool 650w power supply , he paid a techinician to assemble only the cpu, he arrived to his house and no signal, he called me to see if i can help, i tried the graphic card on my pc and its working fine, its booting but, theres no signal, is there anything i can try? is there a posibility the techinician did a bad installation? because the cpu and the fan were stuck together and it seems the lock that secures the cpu its not working properly since i noticed the cpu its wiggling a little bit.
Any help would be great.

Lutfij

Titan
By stuck together, I assume you mean that the cooler seemed like it was glued in place atop the CPU...? If so, that usually happens with or without additional TIM added to the CPU IHS. Can you please pass on a link to the PSU's make and model?

Ideally you should list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mentioning each component with specificity.

Reactions: davew1860

g-unit1111

Titan
I would say either it's a dead PSU or a bad installation - something could have got bent / broken during the install. Only way to figure that out is if you strip everything down to the bare minimum and start checking every single component for damage. But more than likely your PSU is dead.

sif5812

Honorable
Sep 22, 2018
i just came back from work, i checked the cpu pins under the light and they are indeed bent and 1 is missing, does the warranty cover that? now the motherboard doesnt boot up at all,i tried it with my ryzen 5 1600, also on a close inspection i noticed some thermal paste on the motherboard cpu socket.i dont know you can bend the pins on a new cpu, but i guess some people can

Warranty does not cover bent pins, you can attempt to carefully straighten them back out with a toothpick, but they are very brittle.
If they paid to have this built then they should get in contact with whoever built it and ask what they plan to do about bent pins (and why didnt they test it before returning it)

sif5812

Honorable
Sep 22, 2018
well he told me that, i'm not 100% sure, maybe he tried to assemble the pc himself, now the motherboard doesnt boot up, i read that bent pins can cause problems with the motherboard is that a possibility? just tried with my ryzen 1600, well i cant do much about it, just tell him whoever installed the cpu in the motherboard did an awful job. Too bad for him.