My friend gave me his old cpu and I installed it in my pc but now it is running slower than my old cpu

Feb 2, 2019
When I bought all the parts for my computer I was still new to the whole computer scene so I bought an intel pentium dual core cpu, so when my friend bought him a new cpu(i7-7600) he gave me his old(i5-6402p) one and after I updated my bios to the newest version and installed it I loaded up my favorite game (escape from tarkov) and started loading one of the bigger maps to see how fast I could get in. (In this game it saves the map to your RAM so the first load is the longest) and to my surprise it took me a long time considering it was a big upgrade and I don’t know what to do to fix it allmy other games are the same way

Specs
Intel core i5-6402p
16gb of ddr4 3000
Nvidia GTX 960
B250m pro-vdh Mobo
1 TB toshiba hdd
150gb hdd
Forgot my psu but it’s pretty good

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What CPU were you using before you installed the Intel Core i5-6402P?

https://ark.intel.com/products/93277/Intel-Core-i5-6402P-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-40-GHz-

Also, how hot is the CPU getting at idle and under load (like when gaming)? Are you using the stock Intel heatsink?

Feb 2, 2019

an Intel Pentium g4400 and i downloaded core temp and man they are almost at max core temp stock intel heatsink

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Did you replace the thermal compound between the CPU and the heatsink (removing the original material) when you swapped CPUs? All all 4 mounting pins securely fastened?

Sounds like you have poor contact and the CPU is overheating and throttling to protect itself.

Feb 2, 2019

i did but i just checked it and i didnt apply enough so i put more on there and spread it a little bit and that helped thanks