[SOLVED] My friend has a better gaming pc than me but I get more fps than him in games

Solution
Minecraft is more CPU dependent than anything.... excluding RayTracing, of course, the GPU matters much less.

For a game that utilizes a minimal amount of course, the newer 6600 with improved IPC (and to a lesser extend, DDR4) should be outperforming a 3770K when the load is <4 cores.

An overclock on the 3770K may well help lower that gap, or even favour your friends system in CPU bound titles.

saifgaming123456

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
my cousin has a stronger pc than my but he gets low fps than me in games that don't need a strong pc like his
my cousin specs:
Intel core i7-4770k 3.5 GHz
RX 5700 XT
8 x 2 16 GB ram
my specs:
Intel core i5-6600 3.3 GHz
asus gtx 960 turbo
8 x 2 16GB ram

he gets more fps in games that require good graphics but in games that does not require that strong pc he gets lower than me
like minecraft in hypixel I get like 500 or 600 he gets 200 or maybe 300 max

saifgaming123456

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018
What games, and what resolution? Full specs - power, OS, clean install?

I can't think of any scenario a 960 should be outperforming a 5700XT.
I forgot to tell you the my gpu is gtx 960 turbo also his pc get more fps in high graphics games but in low games that require not that much of gaming pc he gets lower like minecraft

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Minecraft is more CPU dependent than anything.... excluding RayTracing, of course, the GPU matters much less.

For a game that utilizes a minimal amount of course, the newer 6600 with improved IPC (and to a lesser extend, DDR4) should be outperforming a 3770K when the load is <4 cores.

An overclock on the 3770K may well help lower that gap, or even favour your friends system in CPU bound titles.

Solution

saifgaming123456

Reputable
Dec 18, 2018

ok thank you also in cold war like he has very much lag spikes and drop in fps is it because he is using amd?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Fps starts with the cpu. In games that are optimized for 4 cores or less, the 6600 will get more fps, in games that are optimized for 8 threads, the 4770k should be stronger.

There's multiple other factors, npc Ai can be very hard on low thread cpus, so the 4770k is often better on multi-player games or games with lots of npcs in towns etc.

That info goes to the gpu. The gpu is going to try and put all the fps sent to it onto the monitor. The 5700xt is a considerably stronger gpu at 1080p than a gtx960, so if both cpus sent 100fps to the gpus, the 5700xt could do all 100, but will also swing as low as 20, the gtx960 might only show 70, but also swing the low 20fps. This'll look like a spike in fps to the 5700xt, but only because it has greater range.

Whether you get lag spikes has determining factors too, like game optimizations, the gpu drivers, what stuff is sitting in temp files, hdd vs ssd, the Lan drivers, the internet connections, the motherboard nic chipset, windows cleanliness, hdd condition of fragmentation, how much ram the game has to work with, all sorts of things can affect that. Not just the cpu or gpu.

TRENDING THREADS