My friend's internet is faster than mine

Jun 25, 2018
Hello!
I have an internet connection(fiber obtic) with PING 6ms download 23 Mbps Upload 24 Mbps. And my friend has an internet connnection different provider with PING 23 Ms Download 7.8 Mbps Upload 1 Mbps
But now, there are games that I can't play at my place but I can play it well at my friend place using the same device. Also I can stream some movies well at my friend's place without buffering. I did an experience using the same movie on the same device at my friend place it play well. so i do not understand why what is happening I thought my internet was the fastest one here
Please explain and thank you very much.

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to state the system's specs to both your and your friend's systems. Also have you tried having your friend come over to your place and game on the connection you have? Your issue may be the ISP or that your wireless router is requiring a firmware update.

Jun 25, 2018

Jun 25, 2018
yes maybe my ISP but not the updates because for example last night we was trying to stream a movie on different devices at my place and the movie keep buffering on all the devices. Then I went at my friend's place the same movie on the same devices and it plays without buffering.
My question is does the speed tester is sometime wrong ? or do the ISP can trick the Speed test?
Thanks

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you, but I am trying to understand it. I contacted my ISP but they saying it's my heat. I do not understand that since i am using an AC, my modem is away from others device and in a ventilated area
My connection is a Fiber optic btw.