[SOLVED] My Friend's laptop fan broke

cfly

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
Hello.

I'm really sorry I'm posting this. Honestly. I think most of the people on these forums are so smart that people like me are like flicking annoying flies off their skin. I'm not a fly, I promise. I have a friend in Canada who has this weird computer build and his fan broke. This fan is also really weird. I just wanna help this kid play the games he likes to play. But when I tried posting my question in an earlier thread, a moderator asked me to post in the appropriate thread. The thing is, I don't know what this thread is. This site is so complicated and wonderful that I don't know how to decipher all the lingo that's involved. I just need to find some canadian kid a fan so he can play WoW and other games he loves. Can someone help me find this thread? Here is the information:

His computer build: HP Envy 14

The fan that broke: View: https://imgur.com/a/CBRwO7B

I tried looking on the company's website but the fan with the exact product number is also the wrong shape for his computer build. He confirmed this with me. I don't know how to find this fan. I'd really like to know where to post this so I can help him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Ok, so there's several factory replacement fans for the HP Envy 14. Because there's several different models of the HP Envy 14. You'll need the model number. It's the HP Envy 14-XXXX. You can Google that + fan replacement and that'll give you the correct fan. The fan in the picture is a aftermarket fan that's most likely for a different laptop, which is why it doesn't fit right and is also why it's probably broke. It may not be 'enough' fan to handle what the laptop demanded.

cfly

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014
Hello.

I'm really sorry I'm posting this. Honestly. I think most of the people on these forums are so smart that people like me are like flicking annoying flies off their skin. I'm not a fly, I promise. I have a friend in Canada who has this weird computer build and his fan broke. This fan is also really weird. I just wanna help this kid play the games he likes to play. But when I tried posting my question in an earlier thread, a moderator asked me to post in the appropriate thread. The thing is, I don't know what this thread is. This site is so complicated and wonderful that I don't know how to decipher all the lingo that's involved. I just need to find some canadian kid a fan so he can play WoW and other games he loves. Can someone help me find this thread? Here is the information:

His computer build: HP Envy 14

The fan that broke: View: https://imgur.com/a/CBRwO7B

I tried looking on the company's website but the fan with the exact product number is also the wrong shape for his computer build. He confirmed this with me. I don't know how to find this fan. I'd really like to know where to post this so I can help him.

Umm that's actually the identical fan, even down to the serial/model number. Since newegg also has a presence in Canada, I'd say you'd found a match.

Yes, but my friend is saying that this fan doesn't fit his computer build. He even bought the same fan with the same serial/model number but this fan just didn't fit in his computer. I'm not siding with anyone here, I just want to help this kid.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, so there's several factory replacement fans for the HP Envy 14. Because there's several different models of the HP Envy 14. You'll need the model number. It's the HP Envy 14-XXXX. You can Google that + fan replacement and that'll give you the correct fan. The fan in the picture is a aftermarket fan that's most likely for a different laptop, which is why it doesn't fit right and is also why it's probably broke. It may not be 'enough' fan to handle what the laptop demanded.

Solution

cfly

Honorable
Jul 30, 2014

Thank you! I'll share this information with my friend and see what we can come up with. Thank you again!