Question My front audio jacks are reading imaginary headphones . Help?

Oct 25, 2019
Like the title says my front audio jacks always read headphones which do not exist because nothing is plugged in in front. And because of this my back panel is unuseable aswell because when I plug in my headphones which do exist in the back it reads them as speakers and I get very little sound in the left ear.

What I tried to fix this problem :

-Reinstall drivers
-Use drivers compatible for the motherboard
-Upgrade windows
-Insert a new hard disk and install new windows on it
-Scream at the PC in frustration
- Disconnected the HD Audio thingy which goes from the front panel jacks to the motherboard

Needless to say none of these worked. I'm not an expert but if the sound card is dead shouldn't it be dead DEAD because this one recognizes (in the back panel) everytime i plug something in it notifies me. Yeah also the mic doesn't work at all it just recognizes it is plugged in and thats it.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
Boot to a USB drive with linux on it. grab a USB drive, a copy of rufus and a linux distribution.
http://distrowatch.com/ has tons of differing linux distributions and download links. I personally am fond of linux mint with cinnamon.
https://rufus.ie/ the utility used to extract the ISO file to the USB drive.

use rufus to extract the selected ISO to the thumb drive. it will make the drive bootable and you can run linux from the drive once done.
Reboot into linux and proceed to test the hardware. connect to internet, watch videos, await problems.
if linux is good and stable the issue is most likely inside windows or otherwise software related.
this is a test of the hardware.

if all else fails you can disable the hardware in the BIOS but you will be without sound unless you have a usb headset or a new sound device.

Like the title says my front audio jacks always read headphones which do not exist because nothing is plugged in in front. And because of this my back panel is unuseable aswell because when I plug in my headphones which do exist in the back it reads them as speakers and I get very little sound in the left ear.

What I tried to fix this problem :

-Reinstall drivers
-Use drivers compatible for the motherboard
-Upgrade windows
-Insert a new hard disk and install new windows on it
-Scream at the PC in frustration
- Disconnected the HD Audio thingy which goes from the front panel jacks to the motherboard

Needless to say none of these worked. I'm not an expert but if the sound card is dead shouldn't it be dead DEAD because this one recognizes (in the back panel) everytime i plug something in it notifies me. Yeah also the mic doesn't work at all it just recognizes it is plugged in and thats it.

The fact the back panel reads Speakers when you plug in headphones is normal; it has no way of detecting what device is plugged into it. It's more likely the sound balance is off or the headphone cable may be damaged that is causing one ear to drop out.

Oct 25, 2019
The fact the back panel reads Speakers when you plug in headphones is normal; it has no way of detecting what device is plugged into it. It's more likely the sound balance is off or the headphone cable may be damaged that is causing one ear to drop out.
The headphones work since i use them on my phone for discord now that I dont have sound on my pc

could be your case header or the headphone jack is having the problem, I would pull out the header completely and see if your rear panel jack starts working normally.

Many times I have had strange issues with on-board audio, a USB sound card is always a quick fix. Combined with a simple USB extension cable and placing it near your monitor will make very easy access for headphone use.

Oct 25, 2019
could be your case header or the headphone jack is having the problem, I would pull out the header completely and see if your rear panel jack starts working normally.

Many times I have had strange issues with on-board audio, a USB sound card is always a quick fix. Combined with a simple USB extension cable and placing it near your monitor will make very easy access for headphone use.
Yeah that is my last resort... Im gonna take my pc tonight to my friend who has his pc repair shop. If he doesnt fix it ill tear the entire dront jacks out

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
what is the name of your motherboard and check in the audio panel she use how the the set up is made detect directly or redirect sound when headphones are plug in also does the headphones give full sound on both side when it is plug in the back of case .

Oct 25, 2019
what is the name of your motherboard and check in the audio panel she use how the the set up is made detect directly or redirect sound when headphones are plug in also does the headphones give full sound on both side when it is plug in the back of case .
The mobo is P8Z77-M Pro i tried redirecting the audio with realtek but to no avail. Only on the left side can the audio be heard and really quietly

Oct 25, 2019
in the bios how sound panel is detect ad hd or ac also you headphones name and model .
It says something ac97 or hd audio i put it on both and it didnt work. In the bios there is something spdif and hdmi

The headphones are some generic headpgones with mic forgot the company that made it.