Question My front panel headers aren’t working.

Jan 4, 2020
Recently, I decided to build a pc, everything was going well, then I tried to turn on the pc in order to flash the bios with the flash bios button. The PC didn’t turn on at all, no fans, nothing. Later I found the fix of bridging the pins with a screwdriver, that worked and the lights and fans turned on. I flashed the bios, and then installed the cpu fan and Graphics Card. Currently the only way to turn on the PC is through by bridging the pins.

The specs:
GTX 1660
MSI tomahawk b450 max
Mb511 case
Seagate barracuda 1tb
Ryzen 3600
8gb Corsair vengeance ram.

any suggestions? I’m really confused

stonecarver

Upstanding
Nov 18, 2019
Use a volt meter, set it to ohm's touch both wires and push the power button if it ohms across switch is good if not it's bad.

Do this with the computer off and you only ohm wire leads from case panels power switch.

Is the front panel PWR cable connected to the two front panel PWR pins?
If the connection is secure, you may have a faulty front panel switch.
That is the responsibility of the case maker and you should ask for a replacement.

Jan 4, 2020
Is the front panel PWR cable connected to the two front panel PWR pins?
If the connection is secure, you may have a faulty front panel switch.
That is the responsibility of the case maker and you should ask for a replacement.
I’m pretty certain they’re connected, and I’m sure it’s the right configuration, the pins aren’t bent as well. So it’s probably that. Although the connectors do feel lose when they’re connected .

thekillerx10

Prominent
Apr 12, 2018
I’m pretty certain they’re connected, and I’m sure it’s the right configuration, the pins aren’t bent as well. So it’s probably that. Although the connectors do feel lose when they’re connected .
so go back to the last bios when everything were working fine
from any computer download the bios and update it using the button

ASK THE COMMUNITY