My Front & Rear audio jacks are not working at all

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
I have recently made up a new pc configuration.

Windows 10 64 bit
Motherboard: Asrock H110m-dgs
CPU - Intel i7 6700 locked
Video - Sapphire r9 290 tri-x 4gb ddr5
SSD - ADATA 480gb
RAM - Kingston 8gb 2133mhz
Monitor - Its a TV i'm using my hdmi cable & i do have sound on it. Im mentioning this because ive noticed that other people ware having the same problems using different video cards like GTX570.

My problem is that i cant connect speakers nor anything at all to my rear or front audio panel jacks its like they are just not working at all.
I've tried reinstalling my audio drivers countless times with different drivers i have tried everything i have found at google and nothing have worked.
I can't even connect any of my microphones which are working on my laptop with windows 7, but few months ago i updated it to windows 10 and now i cant connect my mic's there aswell.
I've tried out 100% working speakers both in my front and back panels and they are not working at all i did set them up as default & did reinstall drivers and everything everytime no effect.
I want to at least make my microphone work. PLEASE HELP!

Solution
I understand those are static images but I have more questions:

The Sound Window > Recording Tab shows two devices not plugged and Stereo Mix disabled....

The Playback Window shows the Tek TV as the active device and no other devices plugged in - cannot see below the scroll elavator.... There is sound level volume bar there and the device is indicated as ready. (Note: Also showing at least 4 and possible 5 "Digital Display Audio" devices - may be a result of various installation attempts. If duplicates may be worth while to remove all but one of them.)

There is a sound level bar on the Speakers (RealTek High Definition Audio) and it is indicated as "Ready"....

Are all three above as expected based on the cabling connections you...

Ralston18

Titan
You did not mention doing so feel compelled to ask: have you right-clicked the speaker icon (lower right screen corrner) and gone into the Recording Devices and Playback Devices configuration windows?

All sorts of configuration settings presented there - devices, jacks, and additional tabs/properties for those devices.

That said are you getting any error messages or warnings. Check the Event Viewer logs...

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Ralston, yes i have tried that countless of times this is what i see there
5T1dWkj.png

qPfIC1M.png

Ca18CKc.png

I clicked everywhere in those and no solution, i have tried enebling the Stereo Mix aswell no effect.
I did restart and reinstall drivers all the time.

Ralston18

Titan

The Sound Window > Recording Tab shows two devices not plugged and Stereo Mix disabled....

The Playback Window shows the Tek TV as the active device and no other devices plugged in - cannot see below the scroll elavator.... There is sound level volume bar there and the device is indicated as ready. (Note: Also showing at least 4 and possible 5 "Digital Display Audio" devices - may be a result of various installation attempts. If duplicates may be worth while to remove all but one of them.)

There is a sound level bar on the Speakers (RealTek High Definition Audio) and it is indicated as "Ready"....

Are all three above as expected based on the cabling connections you have made?

I understand that the TV is connected to the Sapphire via HDMI cable and sound is going to the TV as expected. And that matches your configuration.

Here is a link to your motherboard manual:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110M-DGS.pdf

Note Manual pages 3 and 19 regarding audio requirements.... Make sure that your setup matches the requirements. Trying to determine why the front and rear panel jacks are not working - maybe just an incomplete physical wire connection.

To be honest I am not quite sure about your overal audio plan and setup design. Plus, can you provide more information about the TV you are using (Make and Model). I attempted to look it up via "S2-Tek TV" and got some strange results. Just wanted to see what input and output ports were available on it....

Seeing "things" but still have not quite gotten any specific sense of the matter. Just more for you to check, I know, but hopefully that is how the problem will be identified.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan

Are all three above as expected based on the cabling connections you have made?

I understand that the TV is connected to the Sapphire via HDMI cable and sound is going to the TV as expected. And that matches your configuration.

Here is a link to your motherboard manual:

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H110M-DGS.pdf

Note Manual pages 3 and 19 regarding audio requirements.... Make sure that your setup matches the requirements. Trying to determine why the front and rear panel jacks are not working - maybe just an incomplete physical wire connection.

To be honest I am not quite sure about your overal audio plan and setup design. Plus, can you provide more information about the TV you are using (Make and Model). I attempted to look it up via "S2-Tek TV" and got some strange results. Just wanted to see what input and output ports were available on it....

Seeing "things" but still have not quite gotten any specific sense of the matter. Just more for you to check, I know, but hopefully that is how the problem will be identified.

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Ok soo i have double checked the volume bar for the speakers which are shown as connected and they are currently not i've tried to connect them so i could make the audio go to them but it did not work, yes there is a volume bar but it does not work. I checked the MB manual and everything is connected as it should be.
This is my tv model: LED LCD Crown model 19118
And this is my case: FD CORE 1000 MICRO ATX USB3 BL which does have an HD cable for the MB, it also has an AC97 one for older MB's i did try out the ac97 one aswell. No effect.

Its as if the jacks are somehow turned off. I've read in other posts for similar problems & most of them have TV's connected via HDMI but different video cards which somehow manage to disable the MB audio card.
Their solution was to install a different sound card to overthrow the video card sounds, however i can not do that soo i must find another way to fix it or at least connect my microphone somehow.

Ralston18

Titan
On the basis that everything is connected correctly (snug and tight, polarity ok, etc.) I am now starting to wonder about the cables and connectors themselves.....

Case Image (trusting that I found the correct product/model):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352032&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cases+%28Computer+Cases+-+ATX+Form%29-_-N82E16811352032&gclid=CJqlyNvWncwCFYMkhgodF74Kcw&gclsrc=aw.ds

Are you able see the inside connections for the side panel ports? (I.e., USB 3.0, Mic, Earphones, USB 2.0, Power, Reset, Red & White indicator LEDs)

I can see all the various connectors in one of the inside view images. Looks like lots of room for a bad connection/connector along the way. Trace and inspect carefully.

Also: Are you able to access the Realtek HD Audio Manager screen as shown on Page 8 of the manual?

Would you please post those Windows (Speakers and Digital Output tabs) and the current settings therein.

Trying to narrow down the problem to hardware, software, configuration, or defect. Getting a bit messy but that is the way it all goes sometimes.

And, with enough information someone else may spot something I have missed....

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
Okay soo what do i have to do to post all those things?Yes i can access the realtek hd manager in my system try. Where do i get the (Speakers and Digital Output tabs) i dont think i have those in my realtek manager?

Vladimir_8

Commendable
Apr 19, 2016
this is what i see when i open the realtek hd manager
wBITFQx.png

When i connect my speakers and click the test button i does not work i've also tried switching them to default and still no effect.
but keep in mind everything on my case works fine, usb 2 usb 3 all the buttons i have double checked the cables for visible problems and they look just fine. I am thinking this is some kind of software problem. i could always return my components for new ones in the store. But i'd rather not wait a couple of weeks.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure where to go from here with any specific intent.....

However, do you have another monitor available: DVI-I or DVI-D?

My thought is to take the TV's HDMI connection out of play and see what happens in a more conventional (for lack of a better term) setup.

Eliminate a variable or two.