[SOLVED] My G.Skill Trident RGB memory is not recognised or responding in any rgb software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2020
My BRAND NEW build is as follows.

• NZXT H710 Case
  • NZXT Kraken X62 AIO
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII (8) Hero (no wi-fi)
  • AMD Ryzen 3800x
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000mhz 32gb (2x 16gb) F4-3000C16D-32GTZ
  • EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super FTW3
  • 2x Samsung 860 EVO SSD
  • EVGA 850w GQ Power Supply
  • EXTRA's: Corsair Lighting Pro Hub - (4x) QL120 RGB Fans
So here is the issue, I cannot get my G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory to be recognized by any software. I tried Asus Aura (Before installing any other RGB software) and all it could see was my motherboard. (it is supposed to work with the memory and GPU but nothing...) I installed all of the latest drivers and updated the BIOS and tried again, still nothing. I then tried G.Skill's software. It says shows the DRAM tab in red like it is recognized but it isn't acting like it. Anytime I change a color setting nothing happens, it just continues to run in Rainbow Spectrum. It doesn't shudder or blink, it just keeps going like nothing is touching it

Does anyone know of a fix or something to do that I have not come across in the whole day of research and tinkering??

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots have you populated the rams on your motherboard? Can you get back to us with the version of the BIOS that you've updated to? You might want to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and then remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes.

Replace the battery and see if the rams RGB can be changed. Also, list all the apps you've used thus far for changing the LED's.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots have you populated the rams on your motherboard? Can you get back to us with the version of the BIOS that you've updated to? You might want to power down the system, disconnect from the wall and then remove the CMOS battery for at least 15 minutes.

Replace the battery and see if the rams RGB can be changed. Also, list all the apps you've used thus far for changing the LED's.

Solution
Feb 16, 2020
The gskill software is just bad and you can't just reinstall it or use a different program to access the modules after that; it messes up the registry keys for the program =(

Status
Not open for further replies.