Question My Galax 1660ti Reaching 78°C while Gaming

Mar 11, 2019
I recently Builded a System With Ryzen 5 2600, 8Gb single channel 3000mhz Ram and a Galax Gtx 1660ti, I have a Antec Df500 case With 3 intake Fans,

I have noticed while playing Far cry 5 with everything Ultra and Vsync on And Fans Speed at 60% I'm getting 60-65°C But as soon as I play something like Ac Oddysey or Ghost recon Wildlands with Fan speed even at 80% I'm getting like 78°C max and 75°C min in both of this games with everything Ultra

So my question is What is the problem here Should I put a Exhaust fan to help the temps as because the top of the case become to Hot.

What should I do please help

Bdw My Cpu Is In stock with 65°C min and max 68°c min in both this games

I have not Oc the Gpu or the Cpu

Thanks.

Eh, you are literally worrying about nothing! :)

This is completely normal, and specially so for the load you are putting on the GPU. Nvidia GPU's run perfectly well up to 90c without thermal throttling. 65c and even 78 is perfectly fine for that GPU. There is nothing to be concerned about.

You could, if you wanted, use something like MSI Afterburner and set a manual fan curve, so that it keeps the temps slightly lower, but the fans will spin up faster to do that. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your gaming, and let your GPU do what it was meant to do. Don't get hung up on something that is irrelevant.

Just on a side note though. You have single channel 8gb ram in there. You are hobbling your system a little, because single channel V dual channel (specially on Ryzen) can have a huge affect. The performance increase going from single to dual in gaming alone can be anywhere from 10-20% increase in FPS!! Please get a 2 x 8gb matched kit to compliment your system :) You will thank me for it! ;)

Mar 11, 2019
Just on a side note though. You have single channel 8gb ram in there. You are hobbling your system a little, because single channel V dual channel (specially on Ryzen) can have a huge affect. The performance increase going from single to dual in gaming alone can be anywhere from 10-20% increase in FPS!! Please get a 2 x 8gb matched kit to compliment your system :) You will thank me for it! ;)

I'll I'll Thanks for the Suggestion I know ryzen works good with Dual channel it's just that Ram prices in my region is Higher

Mar 11, 2019
Eh, you are literally worrying about nothing! :)

This is completely normal, and specially so for the load you are putting on the GPU. Nvidia GPU's run perfectly well up to 90c without thermal throttling. 65c and even 78 is perfectly fine for that GPU. There is nothing to be concerned about.

You could, if you wanted, use something like MSI Afterburner and set a manual fan curve, so that it keeps the temps slightly lower, but the fans will spin up faster to do that. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. Just enjoy your gaming, and let your GPU do what it was meant to do. Don't get hung up on something that is irrelevant.

Okay, then nothing to worry about But As a side note I'm asking will Putting a Exhaust fan will help me In getting few degrees low?

Okay, then nothing to worry about But As a side note I'm asking will Putting a Exhaust fan will help me In getting few degrees low?

The exhaust fan will probably not help too much. You can try it if its cheap. If it works great. But there is absolutely no need for it. The best thing to do would be to set a manual fan curve. But like we've all said. You don't need to. Your GPU is running perfectly normal. There's a saying :) 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' ;) Enjoy your gaming. Be happy. You have a nice GPU. Just go and get some 2 x 8gb kit of ram to help you :)

Reactions: Sayeed Ali
Mar 11, 2019
The exhaust fan will probably not help too much. You can try it if its cheap. If it works great. But there is absolutely no need for it. The best thing to do would be to set a manual fan curve. But like we've all said. You don't need to. Your GPU is running perfectly normal. There's a saying :) 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!' ;) Enjoy your gaming. Be happy. You have a nice GPU. Just go and get some 2 x 8gb kit of ram to help you :)

Okay I have some cheap Deals on Fans Let me get one and see How's it fits, and yeah I have set the Fans to 80% they aren't in Auto. And bdw you are the nicest Person I Have talked and Took Suggestion from. Thanks Mate

@ Sayeed Ali
Sorry to bother, you again will 1500 rpm fans Enough for It?

Hey Sayeed,

Here'a link on how to set a fan curve for your GPU:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9_DTKpPkY

Follow the guide. Whether or not 1500 rpm is enough for what you want, only you can determine. In the vid you will see that setting the curve is measured in fan speed as a percentage versus temperature of the GPU. There is no RPM measurement for setting it (although you can see that using HWMon as a compliment). You can set the fan curve aggressively, to spin up faster at higher temps, or in even increments, so that it's a slow build up of fan speed with set increments in temperature. It's really about your own personal preferences. The downside to setting an aggressive fan curve is that it will bring more noise. Naturally, the faster the fans spin, the more noise.

But more importantly, there are 4 experienced Members, ALL telling you the same thing. Your temps are absolutely fine. Don't get hung up too much on your GPU temps. There is nothing wrong, and your system will run perfectly as is.

Given you already have 3 intake fans, adding any more, whether a top or an exhaust, may only reduce the GPU temps by a couple of degrees. The best result will be by setting the GPU fan curve. This will exhaust the heat more from the GPU than adding any case fans will do. This might result in the internal case temps increasing slightly (CPU, VRM's). It's a trade off. But, like we've all said. You are fine. Rock that GPU and get it pumping out FPS like crazy :) Your temps are fine ;)

Reactions: Sayeed Ali
Mar 11, 2019
@ Sayeed Ali

Hey Sayeed,

Here'a link on how to set a fan curve for your GPU:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf9_DTKpPkY

Follow the guide. Whether or not 1500 rpm is enough for what you want, only you can determine. In the vid you will see that setting the curve is measured in fan speed as a percentage versus temperature of the GPU. There is no RPM measurement for setting it (although you can see that using HWMon as a compliment). You can set the fan curve aggressively, to spin up faster at higher temps, or in even increments, so that it's a slow build up of fan speed with set increments in temperature. It's really about your own personal preferences. The downside to setting an aggressive fan curve is that it will bring more noise. Naturally, the faster the fans spin, the more noise.

But more importantly, there are 4 experienced Members, ALL telling you the same thing. Your temps are absolutely fine. Don't get hung up too much on your GPU temps. There is nothing wrong, and your system will run perfectly as is.

Given you already have 3 intake fans, adding any more, whether a top or an exhaust, may only reduce the GPU temps by a couple of degrees. The best result will be by setting the GPU fan curve. This will exhaust the heat more from the GPU than adding any case fans will do. This might result in the internal case temps increasing slightly (CPU, VRM's). It's a trade off. But, like we've all said. You are fine. Rock that GPU and get it pumping out FPS like crazy :) Your temps are fine ;)

You are literally the best person thank you soo much For putting the help♥

Mar 11, 2019
There are other things besides RPM that determine how much cooling you get....like the size and shape of the blades....but being you aren't too hot right now.......I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm thinking WHATEVER you add is going to make it cooler.....and you are already doing OK.
Aiyeee aiyee sir