Question My game disconnects for 10 seconds, then returns to normal while playing games ?

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
I've had this issue for months that when im playing a game i randomly disconnect for about 10-15s and then its fine again. Sometimes it happens frequently and sometimes it doesnt happen but once and hour. I've had very few occasions were its never happened at least once in a day. My internet is fine other than those disconnects though. I never get ping spikes or lag issues at all unless its the disconnects. Sometimes it completely disconnects me from a game and other times everything freezes for 10-15s. Eventually the game catches back up and goes back to normal.

Its not the ethernet cable. I unplugged it and it happened on wireless too.
I had a guy from my ISP come out and he said there was nothing wrong with the router in the house and that its most likely not on their side.
Could it be my motherboard chipset that is causing it??

Specs:

Motherboard - MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
GPU - RTX 2080Ti
CPU - i9-9900K
PSU - ToughPower 1200W
RAM - 32GB Gskill TridentZ

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Are you sure it's only when playing games? Drops in connectivity aren't always obvious otherwise. Videos typically stream ahead of the playing point, so even if your connection is momentarily interrupted, you still have that buffered data to pull from until it comes back on.

I would bet it's happening on everything, but only noticeable on games. However, if it really is only happening in games, I would guess there was some software causing issues. Do you have anything like optimization software installed? Have you tried rolling back drivers a release or two ago? Or even better, have you tried a full reset of Windows to see if it still persists?

Also, don't necessarily believe the tech guys when they say it isn't their equipment. Some will lie, others don't know what they're looking at. Their word is not always gospel.

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
Are you sure it's only when playing games? Drops in connectivity aren't always obvious otherwise. Videos typically stream ahead of the playing point, so even if your connection is momentarily interrupted, you still have that buffered data to pull from until it comes back on.

I would bet it's happening on everything, but only noticeable on games. However, if it really is only happening in games, I would guess there was some software causing issues. Do you have anything like optimization software installed? Have you tried rolling back drivers a release or two ago? Or even better, have you tried a full reset of Windows to see if it still persists?

Also, don't necessarily believe the tech guys when they say it isn't their equipment. Some will lie, others don't know what they're looking at. Their word is not always gospel.
[/QUOTE
You are right. I should've said that it happens when I'm not in games. The only other way I realize it is when I'm in discord. Everyone I'm talking to goes silent and I cant hear them for around 10-15 seconds. I have GeForce Experience installed, but I have uninstalled that and it still happens. I haven't tried a full reset of windows either.