[SOLVED] My game keeps having split second freezes

GodKill777

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
I bought a new pc around a month ago but recently I've been receiving random freezes in the middle of my online games, It's not cuz my specs are bad since I have an i7-8700K and an RTX 2070 and it's also not cuz my pc is overheating. Does anybody have a fix cuz I have no clue why this is happening

Solution
I really suspect that that your PSU may be the issue. 500 Watts seems low for that setup especially if its just a Bronze. Try and look in teh case and see what the label says.

GodKill777

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
CPU:i7-7800k
GPU:RTX 2070
Memory:16gb DDR4
Mobo:B360 Gaming Plus
PSU: 500 Watt 80 plus bronze PSU

I experience this mostly in Overwatch

Last edited:

GodKill777

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
A program like MSIAfterburner is a good way of recording what the pc is doing and the FPS. You can see exactly what was happening when FPS drops occur.
It's not really fps drops bcs when I use a program called CAM for exemple in the graphs there is no drop, it's just my both screens freeze and all audio stops aswell

GodKill777

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
You can still monitor everything and see what is happening when the freezing occurs.
I have it up and running just a quick question before I start gaming is it normal that my CPU clock is constantly spiking from like 1300 range back to 4200 MHz while my pc is idle with just a few google tabs open

Aug 3, 2019
This one may be a reach but in the past I had a similar issue as you are describing. Took me a few weeks but I found out the some of the programs I was using was using a setting called 'use hardware acceleration' when I turned these settings my issues stopped. The two programs that caused me greatest issue with Chrome and an old game I use to play.