[SOLVED] My game pc has some (Windows?/Component?) issues

Aug 4, 2020
Hi there,

I don't know if I use the right category for my question

So around a year ago my brother build me a gaming pc.
I don't know a lot about building computers so I let him build it for me and search the components.
We decided on this:

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400F
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti XC Black GAMING
PSU: Corsair CX650M PSU
Fans: Be quiet! Pure Wings 2, 120mm (1x)
Storage: Seagate HDD 3.5" 1TB ST1000DM010 BarraCuda
XPG SX8200 Pro internal SSD 256GB M.2
Memory: Crucial CT4G4DFS824A 4 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (4x)
And a very cheap case

After about half a year I started to get some issues, every few months my computer would say he can't find the boot drive.
He would give me issues with Google (making it unable to start up) and same goes with Steam.
Now he sometimes after starting up disconnects my keyboard, and I have to reconnect it again by removing and inserting the cable again.

My friend suggested to reset the bios (cause maybe I accidentaly changed something in there) That made my boot issue dissapear for about 3 months before it got issues again.

Do I have a broken motherboard or does this have something to do with my ssd? Or maybe something else?
Would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions cause I've been struggeling with my pc for awhile now.

ps. English is not my native language so please ignore some spelling mistakes.

Aug 4, 2020
Does the keyboard have its own driver software or just use Microsoft drivers?

Have you ever updated the bios on the motherboard?
This video shows you how

it might help both problems.
Could try running this on ssd - https://www.adata.com/en/ss/software-6/
Thank you for responding, I will try things and let you know how it goes. The keyboard I have is a Razer Huntsman, so I believe it uses it's own drivers and software (I have Synapse on my pc)